• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bar setbacks or risers

The install took 2.75 hours, mostly because the bracket and bolt to hold the brake line extender (see picture) were interfering with the frame. The technician had to saw down the bolt, and move it around on the bracket to find a position that worked. After he got that squared away, and rerouted the cables (still original stock brake and clutch lines). The risers are completely installed now, and everything is operational, but the stretch is tight for the front brake line, even with the extender. I'll have to keep an eye on it. The handguards are close to hitting my tank, but they're okay....no rotating the handlebars to tweak my control positions! All in all, the parts are good quality and the setback is substantial....exactly what I was looking for. By the way, the tech told me that the instructions were basically useless. Good thing I took it to the BMW shop.

:thumb Looks great. I've never seen a brake line adapter like that but it looks like a clever way to handle length problems. If you still think it's too tight you can get an extended line from Speigler and when there is a scheduled brake service-flushing-you could change it then. As for the instructions, they were perfectly clear to the guy that wrote them!!! After you get a few rides in let us know how you like them.. Gary

I highly recommend these bar risers for anyone who is hesitant to take the plunge. The first couple of rides really threw me, since I was used to a more sport like position. I am absolutely more upright but have had no pain in my shoulder blades since the modification. The risers turned out to be the perfect distance set back, but about 1/2" too high. Even so, they've presented no problem, no pain, so it's a non-issue. The Wunderlich tank bag does get in the way of tight steering maneuvers and using the handlebar lock when turning the ignition key is really pushing it. It's acceptable, however. I've had to adjust the controls and the OEM handguards somewhat, and as a result tilt the front brake reservoir just a touch, but it's all well within decent limits. The brake cable extension was a bit tight and the mechanic told me to keep and eye on it. It's hasn't budged, and ironically, when I re-adjusted the clutch and brake controls, it gave that extension a bit more breathing room. High marks for this bar riser.

Back