• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Awareness campaign.

I still believe in courtesy is contagious. Whether dashing to a checkout line and letting another go in front, getting up in a crowded seating area for someone more needy, helping a neighbor blow snow, volunteering in general. Been a long time since I got in a "go ahead of me" waving match at a stop sign.

Think of the positive advertising effect of Motorad developed commercial including a respect/ safety aspect? They got deeper pockets than MOA foundation. Or maybe co-ordinate the effort. As I see it, just don't see anything about the problem until statistics about the tragedies pop up on google. Which is too late. And, of course here when we discuss it.

As for school, was always told to treat others as I want to be treated. Didn't always work out well, but they did their part, the schools that is. Today, don't know how that would work out.

I am a huge believer in this and have seen it just in the 7 months I have commuted to my new job splitting lanes home everyday. The wave of thanks for those making room makes others want to help too. People naturally want to be liked and feel like they are good people. Maybe we have bad days now and then but in general people like to be part of a team of good guys at some level. Its why we made it to the top of the food chain. Waving and being reasonable and skillful really does make a difference. Aggression in any way percieved by others regardless of how justified is almost universally met with distaste by the majority of regular citizens. 99% of the time it does nothing to help and most of the time it just reinforces a car drivers alreay bad attitude. Thats why I carry grenades with magnets on them. Not!

I'd like to start a campaign to get deer to pay attention

I live in a lower population density area in Nor Calif with about 250K people in the county and I feel imminently safer riding in general proximity of traffic than out in our myriad lovely rural roads where the deer and the antelope play, and a black bear w/ her two cubs I saw the other day rounding a bend at a sane speed! This is the conundrum: head away from metal/rubber/plastic moving objects that at least you KNOW are there and can take steps to avoid, or head away from biological moving objects that hide behind shrubs then jump out into you or your pathway w/o warning. Those rural roads are so pleasant it's been impossible for me to avoid lately but geez I don't like this part of it!!!!!!!!!!

Reading the above post I immediately wondered if "deer whistles" deter the approach of bears and their cubs? :wave

Back