• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Awaiting announcement of the forum administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I my case and for some others it is not a 'desire' but a need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_release

Writing a press release is part of the process of appointing a position such as this. Press releases are not always for consumption of the media but often are for the direct consumption of a target audience. Even in a limited target audience they are intended to keep people informed and on track, not split organizations into divergent camps.

My interaction with the person in this position is limited. I donÔÇÖt need to have control. I do need to know who to send things to if needed, pay attention to what they say about the goals and rules of this format. The better I understand that the less I have to bug them about and the fewer problems I cause. Given the needed information I frankly donÔÇÖt need any interaction to do what I need and want to do.

In my little recurring post I have been required to pay attention to copyright law, secure third party permissions, dig through internet stories for valid content, secure credentials for access and more. All that process time and effort goes in before I even begin to look for daily content and to put the little recurring post together.

I give notices to the Media Editor when I find something in an obscure BMW non-english website so the home page does not get scooped by Advrider.com or some other site. My goal in this is to make people want to come to our website as the first and best place to get information on BMW motorcycles.

I pay close attention to the print media side. I am careful not to step on the toes of what is being developed there. My goal is not be first with a headline but support a total effort. There are chances to bring the two together in how information is presented that takes advantage of unique strengths of print and web.

There have been opportunities to provide content that have not been pursued because of the internal system does not allow for the timely completion of the process.

I paid attention to what was said when we started this website and what we could do by using both to make the BMW MOA better and richer for all; luddites and techies included.

Do not confuse abstract long term organization goals and possibilities discussed recently or in the past with the need of timely provision of information that may be needed to continue to carry on what is on a daily basis already going on.

So you guys are not the only ones that spend a lot of time in the background. Our paycheck is the same for the effort and work provided. We all have different formal or informal titles in the association. Yet in the end all of us are fellow members.

It is often and rightly said respect is a two ways street, cutting slack implies two linked sides. Most of the time, we ride our bikes on two way paths. When did the core of the question for timely information in start of this thread become a one way track?

Just an FYI for you here. The post of mine you quoted was made tongue in cheek and aimed at Sibud, not at you. The "smileys" were chosen to project that intent since there is no way to see other non verbal communication on the board. Sibud and I have traded good natured jabs at each other before and I believe we both know when each others leg is being pulled. If you inferred anything else from it, even though I used a previously listed justification for non BoD participation on the forum as a part of the jib, that is your inference. Perhaps because you are not feeling well on top of being busy. Hope you feel better soon.

Understood, and thanks for the clarification. :thumb

Post #9 in this thread is how the news was reported on the forum.

Some of us have projects on the forum, are taking up tasks within the organization that involve the forum and website. They have time tables for deliveries of the work product. In some case these tasks are to include contacting people with titles for various reasons. In many cases the time tables have multiple deadlines and dependencies that take place long before the announcement would ever go to print. Delays in timing of these contacts can result in delays measured in years or in killing the item altogether.

The nature of content work is different than coding a new management system properly, recruiting and filling of positions, setting budgets for hardware and the host of other very important duties in running this site. Content people often bring nothing but delay to the table of those working on these things. It may be different. It is dependant on it. Yet, for the content side to do it their tasks they need both the tools developed and provided by others and to be informed when they will be available.

Leaving the announcing of key positions on the website to the reporting of members does not meet the needs of people working to add content value to it. Reporters come to events with goals in mind. They report what they see as important to them and their readers. To leave the announcement to the whims of a member who came to see the rally site, put forward a proposal in the open session or took a weekend ride to see member friends does not meet the information needs. We are left uniformed and our efforts are denigrated by posts such as post #17.
I have incredible respects for the time and efforts and demands that are put in by people taking up various roles within the organization. I have been around long enough to realize projects may take longer than expected and often encounter obstacles that could not be anticipated when started. I am acutely aware how the nagging questions of people who will use the work product of these people can delay and frustrate those doing the work. I understand how we can come across as petty and demanding.

Please keep in mind members too are expending effort. They are planning their lives and resources in time and money and planning their efforts based on the work being done. Their families are wondering why just like yours they are putting in this time, effort and why their resources are going elsewhere. When members take up a task they believe they have the skills to do what is needed to do it and that they have something to bring to the task to give it life. The question asked more and more are not can I do it but will the system allow me to do what will be expected by the membership if I take up the task.

In this case, yes I expected more from the board and the parties involved.

I'm curious to know how my observations of the fact that we still have what appears to me (based on total number of members and members using boards) the larger part of the membership consisting of members who do not, for whatever reason, participate on or even log into the boards as defaming the efforts of those who take part in helping in various positions, or as a criticism of those efforts. I was mealy trying to point out we must not forget those who rely on other means to stay informed on club acuities. Remember I too am one of those volunteers. And please understand I am asking not because I feel offended by your comments nor take them as such, I am simply a curious as to your point. I'd rather ask for clearification than remain unsure as to your meaning.

And I agree with Dave that we must be careful that we do not cause a schism of the club by the an inapropriate (if that is the right word to use here ?) use of the different mediums of communication.

RM

Shameless but related hijack here.

In the last few weeks I have noticed a definite slowing of response by the web site. I see page changes taking a long time to load and frequent breaks in the flow to the point where I get a file not found error. This has gotten particularly bad today about 11:30 to 12:00 Pacific time.

Other websites load normally for my system so I kind of narrowed it down to here. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?
:dunno

There obviously is a problem when members feel disenfranchised and then are accused of being wrong for having the feeling in the first place.

But IMO the validity of their disenfranchisment (yup I made it up) is no different that the guy who can't understand why he can't set up his tent a week before everybody else (at the national).

I hope that somehow, somewhere, someday all this will result in someone enjoying their motorcycle more.

Perhaps someone could help with the relationship.

Funny thing happend on the way to the party.

A site called Adv Rider has 87,000 registered users. That's over twice as big as the MOA and in what, five years?

I am a member of Adv Rider as are many here. I was able to generate more interest in a MOA sponsored event on Adv Rider than I was here. Ditto with the Minuteman 1000 and a few other rides we have put on here in New England, even though they are for BMW, we get more BMW participation by posting in a non marque specific site.

Why?

No idea but as an enthusiast when I want to have fun with like minded riders and indivduals I surf Adv Rider. When I want to see who is popping a nut over crazy political tripe...

You get the idea.

:blah

I heard voices again

Here is a prime example of collaborative ways of collecting information by outsiders of traditional media. The information can still be edited and the information available to be used by many sources, in the example to be sited by the media and later the investigators. I feel the MOA can function in this collaborative way in developing our future. Whatever information that is offered is still up to the ruling entity ( BoD ) to decide what to do with it. If this can be accomplished well in the forum it can be offered to the ON readers to come over and join us instead of clinching to their news media source but come over here and help create it. It would work two-fold, allow communication with input and may increase forum usage because it becomes a tool (not a troll). Again we are not asking to limit or destroy existing roles just empowering both for a lack of better terms.

Timing ? It is fair to allow any meeting to digest and its attendees to normalize themselves. But there ought to be a time for opportunity to work together in our respective roles. Wikapedia works the same media as we and their rules are the same, please click on their discussion tag to see first hand.

Example of data and a statement about it that follows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

Citizen reporters helped traditional media in reporting from the London bombings. Camera phones, photo sharing sites and blogs enable people on the scene to share their experiences immediately to media consumers thirsting for information, especially valuable on an event like this where traditional media had restricted access to the locations and could take very few pictures of their own.

Another way of describing the event is the "7 July 2005 London bombings" page at Wikipedia, already a massive resource for information about what happened and how things progress. It is further evidence to the growth of open source, collaborative ways of collecting and distributing information, as an addition to traditional sources of information, such as media and governmental/official sources. Flickr, Wikipedia and Technorati are already up there with BBC and for example the official London site as places we turn to to become informed.

Closing note, I just feel that there is so many well connected, educated, experienced members that the MOA is missing an opportunity to tap it. I can understand the concern dealing with the non-forum majority membership but there just has to be a way somewhere to bridge the issues and protect the pioneers from uncalled for attacks and keeping the witch hunters at bay. For those of you with this experience in the Internet that have dealt with these issues from the web infancy can guide us through the negative voices. Really, if it works for wikapedia it should work for us.

Shameless but related hijack here.

In the last few weeks I have noticed a definite slowing of response by the web site. I see page changes taking a long time to load and frequent breaks in the flow to the point where I get a file not found error. This has gotten particularly bad today about 11:30 to 12:00 Pacific time.

Other websites load normally for my system so I kind of narrowed it down to here. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?
:dunno

Yup! I notice it especially when sending a Personal Message.

I'm curious to know how my observations of the fact that we still have what appears to me (based on total number of members and members using boards) the larger part of the membership consisting of members who do not, for whatever reason, participate on or even log into the boards as defaming the efforts of those who take part in helping in various positions, or as a criticism of those efforts. I was mealy trying to point out we must not forget those who rely on other means to stay informed on club acuities. Remember I too am one of those volunteers. And please understand I am asking not because I feel offended by your comments nor take them as such, I am simply a curious as to your point. I'd rather ask for clearification than remain unsure as to your meaning.

And I agree with Dave that we must be careful that we do not cause a schism of the club by the an inapropriate (if that is the right word to use here ?) use of the different mediums of communication.

RM

My response is seen through the eye of a beholder.

I read your observation as being based on your observation of thread views and does not take into account rss views and home page hits that never continue on into the forum. As such the numerical basis for your postÔÇÖs conclusion seemed flawed to this eye. Further it seems to assume facts and purpose of users that have not fully been explored.

The perceived slight by you was not of those holding positions but was perceived at those who use the total website. By what you seem to see as lack of use you were dismissing those who use it and in the process the current and potential value of it.

I do not forget that we have multiple means of communication within the association. The fact that the particular use of some of them is mandated by the rules we operate under is not lost on me either.

I respectfully and adamantly disagree with your and DaveÔÇÖs conclusion regarding potential schism and the topic of this thread.

I ask you not to loose sight of the fact that the position in question within this thread is a web base position that impacts those who do participate in any form with any part of the web. Is it unreasonable to expect a sticky if not a ÔÇÿpress releaseÔÇÖ in the clubhouse for example?

Further if it is not appropriate now and the cause of potential schisms rocking the foundations of the organization now, why was it not in the past when in the process of announcing a new forum liaison a dedicated thread was started making the announcement of the selection, touted the new appointeeÔÇÖs value in the role and welcomed them to the position?

The appropriate use of the various media available to us will not lead to a schism. As said in a previous post of mine do not confuse the announcement of a forum based position being filled with debates in other threads about organizational issues. In doing so, you miss the opportunity to use the various media appropriately and to their best advantage to the need at hand.

I hope that somehow, somewhere, someday all this will result in someone enjoying their motorcycle more.

Funny thing happened on the way to the party.

A site called Adv Rider has 87,000 registered users. That's over twice as big as the MOA and in what, five years ?

I am a member of Adv Rider as are many here. I was able to generate more interest in a MOA sponsored event on Adv Rider than I was here. Ditto with the Minuteman 1000 and a few other rides we have put on here in New England, even though they are for BMW, we get more BMW participation by posting in a non marque specific site.

Why?

No idea but as an enthusiast when I want to have fun with like minded riders and individuals I surf Adv Rider. When I want to see who is popping a nut over crazy political tripe...
I am thinking on these terms as well. The main purpose of our Club is to ride and enjoy our bikes. If we can work together and tear down whatever perceptions we have of each other collectively we can be an example to other Clubs not only in the BMW ICC but for others.

Personally I enjoy the overland rider sites. Adv is great but the US election in joMamma is getting old. The sites I like are just like us, they have rallies that are smaller, and the celebrity riders are always willing to help the new rider. They all share information about getting from point A to B. In the HorizonsUnlimited Community one can receive real time information because there is most likely a rider in the thick of it. I found out about the Chilean Volcano, and a Somali incident way before CNN and the BBC. I can say on two occasions I was able to warn a traveling friend to cross a different border or avoid a certain road from a warning post by someone a few hours ahead.

The people that frequent these smaller sites are just like us, they ride, they wrench, they have high drama and there are souls that will rescue anyone if need be. Adv Rider ( not a small site ) is also very good at getting a member out of tough situations. But what these sites lack is having an organization that has a proven diverse leadership elected by the membership, an organized Club that can impact a community and at a grander scale. I doubt very much if Grant from HorizonsUnlimited or even Baldy from Adv Rider would want to partner with a marque, create events that are large, and even wish to. Most of the Adv Rallies are member generated, and in most cases so are HorizonsUnlimited. They are platforms of information provided by members for members and that is why they work so well.

But IMO the validity of their disenfranchisment (yup I made it up) is no different that the guy who can't understand why he can't set up his tent a week before everybody else (at the national).

Funny thing happend on the way to the party.

A site called Adv Rider has 87,000 registered users. That's over twice as big as the MOA and in what, five years?

Why?

No idea but as an enthusiast when I want to have fun with like minded riders and indivduals I surf Adv Rider. When I want to see who is popping a nut over crazy political tripe...

You get the idea.

:blah

http://www.alexa.com/

Rankings of web sites by activity

Advrider.com

AMAdirectlink.com

BWM MOA

Ibmwr.org

Hondaredriders.com

Tomcc.org
Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club

GWRRA.com

What do these numbers tell you? We have come a long way but we arenÔÇÖt adventure rider? We have a heck of lot more activity than Goldwing riders do. We have come a long way but have a long way to go? I donÔÇÖt know.

Quit looking sideways and deal with the topic at hand. Red herrings are nothing but bait.

My response is seen through the eye of a beholder.

I read your observation as being based on your observation of thread views and does not take into account rss views and home page hits that never continue on into the forum. As such the numerical basis for your postÔÇÖs conclusion seemed flawed to this eye. Further it seems to assume facts and purpose of users that have not fully been explored.

The perceived slight by you was not of those holding positions but was perceived at those who use the total website. By what you seem to see as lack of use you were dismissing those who use it and in the process the current and potential value of it.

I do not forget that we have multiple means of communication within the association. The fact that the particular use of some of them is mandated by the rules we operate under is not lost on me either.

I respectfully and adamantly disagree with your and DaveÔÇÖs conclusion regarding potential schism and the topic of this thread.

I ask you not to loose sight of the fact that the position in question within this thread is a web base position that impacts those who do participate in any form with any part of the web. Is it unreasonable to expect a sticky if not a ÔÇÿpress releaseÔÇÖ in the clubhouse for example?

Further if it is not appropriate now and the cause of potential schisms rocking the foundations of the organization now, why was it not in the past when in the process of announcing a new forum liaison a dedicated thread was started making the announcement of the selection, touted the new appointeeÔÇÖs value in the role and welcomed them to the position?

The appropriate use of the various media available to us will not lead to a schism. As said in a previous post of mine do not confuse the announcement of a forum based position being filled with debates in other threads about organizational issues. In doing so, you miss the opportunity to use the various media appropriately and to their best advantage to the need at hand.

Well while I may not agree with all of your analysis it is true that I was not including those who view the front pages but are not forum users. Since I saw this as a discussion of the forums per se not an all inclusive view (on which you may indeed be right as I am sure there are many more hits there than views on the forum) I appreciate your clarification. Although I still fail to see my comments as any sort of slight to any group of users/members and they certainly were not intended as such, I am quite aware that different readers may have a different take on my comments, which is why I requested clarification. Nor was I suggesting that it would cause a "potential schism rocking the foundations of the organization" as you put it, rather that we simply need to proceed with caution so as not to alienate those who do not participate in the forums, which I see as two rather distinct views/levels of impact. And as you pointed out it was a forum position being announced in the original topic of this thread, rather than of the web site as a whole, and it was that part that I was addressing.
I certainly agree the front page is great means to disseminate information but it falls short of a two-way communication channel as is the forum. In this regards it is shares more with printed material than the forum, with the advantage that is can be more "timely" in the information provided.
So while we may disagree on some points we seem to see others in a similar light and certainly life would be rather boring if we all agreed on every issue and very little forward motion would come about, so I see this then as a good thing. And I also think it is important that when there is a question of interpretation, it be discussed rather than assumptions being made and folks jumping to Conclusions. (Just look at what happened to Milo (for those who have read the Phantom Tollbooth))!
If we can archive such when in doubt of others intent we could more quickly arrive at a consensus as to how to best use the various resources available to us. Or perhaps I should say, provide better input on the views of the membership in the hopes it will provide guidance to those in charge by providing our views and expectations of such media as the leadership weighs the issues. Just as the moderators goal should be to provide an experience that is in keeping with the needs and desires of the membership balanced with their own expertise on the issues, so should all leadership positrons. Something perhaps self-evident to most, but still bears mentioning on occasion. That certainly has always been my view of what guides the moderators and leadership and would hope it is a view shared by the membership.
OK, I'll shut up now. :lol

RM

http://www.alexa.com/

Rankings of web sites by activity

Advrider.com

AMAdirectlink.com

BWM MOA

Ibmwr.org

Hondaredriders.com

Tomcc.org
Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club

GWRRA.com

What do these numbers tell you? We have come a long way but we arenÔÇÖt adventure rider? We have a heck of lot more activity than Goldwing riders do. We have come a long way but have a long way to go? I donÔÇÖt know.

Quit looking sideways and deal with the topic at hand. Red herrings are nothing but bait.

What the number and their presentation show is a lack of understanding or the desire to compare apples to red herrings.

With the exception of Adventure Riders every site you reference has a tremendous amount of page views of pages other than their forum. The Adv Numbers represent 99.9% forum use and member interaction.

Which after all is what we are discussing.

I am thinking on these terms as well. The main purpose of our Club is to ride and enjoy our bikes. If we can work together and tear down whatever perceptions we have of each other collectively we can be an example to other Clubs not only in the BMW ICC but for others.

Personally I enjoy the overland rider sites. Adv is great but the US election in joMamma is getting old. The sites I like are just like us, they have rallies that are smaller, and the celebrity riders are always willing to help the new rider. They all share information about getting from point A to B. In the HorizonsUnlimited Community one can receive real time information because there is most likely a rider in the thick of it. I found out about the Chilean Volcano, and a Somali incident way before CNN and the BBC. I can say on two occasions I was able to warn a traveling friend to cross a different border or avoid a certain road from a warning post by someone a few hours ahead.

The people that frequent these smaller sites are just like us, they ride, they wrench, they have high drama and there are souls that will rescue anyone if need be. Adv Rider ( not a small site ) is also very good at getting a member out of tough situations. But what these sites lack is having an organization that has a proven diverse leadership elected by the membership, an organized Club that can impact a community and at a grander scale. I doubt very much if Grant from HorizonsUnlimited or even Baldy from Adv Rider would want to partner with a marque, create events that are large, and even wish to. Most of the Adv Rallies are member generated, and in most cases so are HorizonsUnlimited. They are platforms of information provided by members for members and that is why they work so well.

I suppose that if the purpose of the MOA is to "impact a community and at a grander scale" than other clubs either real or vitrual than you might be on to something.

In fact the MOA's mission is to: "Our mission is to foster communication and a sense of family among BMW motorcycle enthusiasts".

I submit that AdvRider does this better. The fact that they have multiple annual events put on entirely by volunteers and numerous spin offs should tell you something.

The fact that they do this without an organization that has a proven diverse leadership elected by the membership or as an organized Club that can impact a community and at a grander scale is something noteworthy. The feel enough of a part of something to put real effort into it, yet they pay nothing and receive nothing tangible, like a magazine.

The only thing we have that they don't is a magazine and a huge rally. And the clubhouse a place where people can hack away at "authority".

Put this way it is easy to understand that without the Owners News there really isn't any reason to pay dues when you can get all the other benefits (I'll leave it to you to decide if they are better) elsewhere for free.

What the number and their presentation show is a lack of understanding or the desire to compare apples to red herrings.

With the exception of Adventure Riders every site you reference has a tremendous amount of page views of pages other than their forum. The Adv Numbers represent 99.9% forum use and member interaction.

Which after all is what we are discussing.

No, what we are discussing in this thread is the announcement of the forum administrator. That is the title of the thread and the opening question. At least that is what several of us are trying to discuss.

If usernames post is the announcement then the means and process are open items for discussion because of its impact on doing things here. Your comments about advrider and other comments about volumes mean little to people who use the forum and website and need to know who is in charge for a variety of reasons.

What does telling us that advrider has 87,000+ registered users, myself included, mean in this discussion within an association of just over 40,000 members? They are just numbers and as pointless to the topic at hand as the numbers I posted as a parody of your post.

You rightly point out the difference in numbers due to the difference in the nature of the sites. Which brings us back to the importance of being informed as we go forward that has more facets than others.

I am bowing out of this thread. My concerns in it are very narrowly focused and have been expressed. Context is important for my understanding so I am going to look through some of DarrylÔÇÖs posts and try to get that.

I am disappointed in the form and have expressed my displeasure, made suggestions for the future and have received responses from the people directly involved. I will take this post as the announcement.

i'll talk to the poobah and see who is supposed to announce darryl as admin. oh wait. crap. the light is low in this room... where is the delete key? wait, is submit highlighted? errrr.....

I hope we donÔÇÖt have to have this conversation (if ever) again until Darryl has decided to step down because he feels his work is done after a long and successful term.

No, what we are discussing in this thread is the announcement of the forum administrator. That is the title of the thread and the opening question. At least that is what several of us are trying to discuss.

You're right.

To recap there was talk of an announcenemt as to a new forum admin at the board meeting that was what, 72 hours ago?

The announcement didn't come fast enough. Too bad.

The discussion that lead to this announcement was not posted on a public forum for a small percentage of the membership to vote on and approve. Too bad.

The forum is a great tool that is being under utilized for a purpose it was never intended to serve. Too bad.

Does any of this have any bearing on how people will enjoy their BMW Motorcycles?

Does any of this have any bearing on what our financials will look like 24 months from now?

But what the folks who push, push and push to hold volunteers "accountable" and all that do is push, push and push members and potential members to other sites such as Adventure Rider.

FWIW, if you go waaaaayyy back in internet history the first big BMW Motorcycle specific mailing list was the IBMWR, still going strong today. I don't have the exact time table but it was shortly after the founding of the IBMWR that the administrators banned all MOA political talk and opened up a MOA specific mailing list.

Seems MOA politics and the discussion of same has been an issue since Al invented the innernet.

I suppose that if the purpose of the MOA is to "impact a community and at a grander scale" than other clubs either real or vitrual than you might be on to something.

In fact the MOA's mission is to: "Our mission is to foster communication and a sense of family among BMW motorcycle enthusiasts".

I submit that AdvRider does this better. The fact that they have multiple annual events put on entirely by volunteers and numerous spin offs should tell you something.

The fact that they do this without an organization that has a proven diverse leadership elected by the membership or as an organized Club that can impact a community and at a grander scale is something noteworthy. The feel enough of a part of something to put real effort into it, yet they pay nothing and receive nothing tangible, like a magazine.

The only thing we have that they don't is a magazine and a huge rally. And the clubhouse a place where people can hack away at "authority".

Put this way it is easy to understand that without the Owners News there really isn't any reason to pay dues when you can get all the other benefits (I'll leave it to you to decide if they are better) elsewhere for free.

For clarification do the number of AdvRider events outnumber the club events, rallies and rides that are the essence of the BMW MOA ?

So .... why so much sound and fury here?

And the clubhouse a place where people can hack away at "authority".
Questioning authority is the duty and responsibility of an electorate. I hope you are not equating questioning authority with hacking away at "authority."

Paul,

There are more events, ride and general get togethers generated by Adv Riders than there are by folks on the MOA forum.

I think it is a stretch to include chartered club events. Do you think the Green Mountain Rally owes much to the MOA?

Plus local club events are discussed and good ones promoted on Adventure Rider as they are on here.

As far as my comments regarding "authority" being an officer or member of the MOA board comes with ZERO "authority" but it does come with a large amount of responsibility. I believe there is a huge difference. A police officer has authority a volunteer treasurer has accepted a responsibility.

The problem is for many they can't understand the difference and take out whatever frustrations they have with authority out on volunteers by vilifying them for not being:

Fast enough
Responsive enough
Honest enough

and a host of other things.

Paul,

There are more events, ride and general get togethers generated by Adv Riders than there are by folks on the MOA forum.

I think it is a stretch to include chartered club events. Do you think the Green Mountain Rally owes much to the MOA?

Plus local club events are discussed and good ones promoted on Adventure Rider as they are on here.

As far as my comments regarding "authority" being an officer or member of the MOA board comes with ZERO "authority" but it does come with a large amount of responsibility. I believe there is a huge difference. A police officer has authority a volunteer treasurer has accepted a responsibility.

The problem is for many they can't understand the difference and take out whatever frustrations they have with authority out on volunteers by vilifying them for not being:

Fast enough
Responsive enough
Honest enough

and a host of other things.

I'll use the Green Mountain rally since I have some first hand knowledge of the event.

I just did a quick search on AdvRider where I am also a member. I used "Green Mountain" in the search box and found nothing there in the first 120 posts provided by the search engine.

The MOA did provide a platform for publicizing the event and the close to 4,000 hits on the MOA forum. My conclusion: not yet ready to dismiss the role of the MOA in the success of the Green Mountain Rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back