• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Another Dealer Closing and a new one opening

nyfty

I received the following today from BMW Motorcycles of Omaha. For those who need service going to or coming from the rally in Springfield MO this summer please take note.

Happy New Year from Jim and Richard
We would like to thank all of you for your support over the years. After 17 and half years we like to inform you that we have sold BMW Motorcycles of Omaha.
The store is closed as it is being relocated to Edwards Motorsports in Council Bluffs.
Richard and I greatly value the friendships and acquaintances we made over the years and will miss the conversations and stories of your trips and solving the world's problems.
We are looking forward to going out and tracing some of those trips you have made and seeing them on our motorcycles over the next few years.
Again thank you for all you did to make us successful and we will miss you,
Jim and Richard

Here is a note from Bobby Edwards the new owner and manager of Edwards Motorsports.

Over the past few months I have been working with Jim, Richard and BMW Motorcycles of North America. Jim and Richard at BMW Motorcycles of Omaha have been servicing and selling BMW motorcycles for almost 20 years. The business is a legacy and this comes from a passion for what you do. This passion for two-wheel adventures runs deep at BMW Motorcycles of Omaha. Whether sharing or listening, these guys have some amazing experiences on BMW’s. Jim and Richard have decided to do a little less working and little more riding. It’s going to be hard to outdo their passion and level of expertise, but we are up for the challenge. It’s now our turn to take the legacy of BMW Motorcycles of Omaha to a whole other level.

My name is Bobby with Edwards Motorsports and we are so excited to announce that we have finalized the deal with BMW Motorcycles of Omaha. The crew at Edwards Motorsports is ready. We have dedicated a new showroom to our location strictly for the BMW Motorcycle experience. We are working hard to complete the upgrades to withhold the Elite BMW Motorcycles experience. These experiences will take some time and we are anxious to start shifting gears and twisting throttles, however, we need to complete a few minor items for the Grand Opening. Please don’t hesitate to call and talk to one of our experienced staff to find out more details.

Myself and the team want to thank Jim, Richard, Patricia and BMW Motorcycles for selecting Edwards Motorsports to continue bringing an Elite BMW experience to the Omaha/Council Bluffs Metro area.

Make sure to Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or the old fashion way and just come down and hang out.

Sincerely,

Bobby Edwards and the Edwards Motorsports Crew

Thanks for posting that Jim. Back here in the East, those wide-open spaces in Iowa and Nebraska seem remote. I just took a look at the Edwards Motorsports website. I know they'll have to make some changes to meet BMW NA's standards. That said, I read what appears to be their statement of philosophy about riding motorcycles. I offer it below and it seems like they've got the right idea to me:

"Why Get a Motorcycle?

Anyone with a motorcycle will tell you: buying a motorcycle is one of the quickest ways to upgrade your life. Your life will improve in every aspect, from adrenaline rushes to a more cost-effective way to get around town. If you’re still on the fence about buying a bike, we’ve collected some of our favorite reasons to take the plunge. When you are ready to look at motorcycles for sale, visit Edwards Motorsports. We are a motorcycle dealer located in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and we proudly serve those in Omaha, Nebraska.

A Cost-Effective Form of Transportation

It's much cheaper to use a motorcycle to get around town than a car. Motorcycles offer impressive fuel efficiency, so you'll be able to travel the same distance while using less gas. Anytime you swap your car for your bike, you will be saving money.Some people take this a step further and use their motorcycle as their only form of transportation. This is financially advantageous for a few reasons. First, motorcycles cost less than cars. Second, it costs less to insure a motorcycle. Third, maintenance costs for bikes tend to be lower.

A Thrilling Workout

Driving a car doesn’t take much energy. You sit in the seat passively, much like you do when watching TV on the couch. You only need to move your arms and hands a little bit in order to steer.Motorcycle riding is a different story. You need to adopt certain riding positions to best stay in control, which engages muscle groups. Then you need to engage your muscles to steer and turn the vehicle, as well as maintain your balance. Think of riding as a way to get your workout in, but without the monotonous reps at the gym.

A Boost to Your Mood

When you cruise around town on a bike, you get to enjoy fantastic adrenaline rushes and hits of dopamine. This helps instantly boost your attitude and can turn a bad day into a great one. It can also help reduce stress, which in turn reduces all the negative health effects of stress.

Easier Commuting

If you have to sit in traffic anyway, why not do it with a vehicle that gives you a boost to your mood? Many people commute to work using their motorcycle and enjoy arriving to work in a better mood. Plus, bikes can fit in a wider range of parking spaces than cars, which makes navigating bustling downtown areas much easier.

Have we convinced you? Are you ready to explore motorcycles for sale? Of course, you are! Check out the selection at Edwards Motorsports in Council Bluffs, Iowa. If you aren't sure which model to get, our expert staff can make personalized suggestions based on your budget and needs, so you can expect to get the perfect ride for your lifestyle."

Back