• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

933 miles in 2 days

cmartin said:
Mandy,

Ride that shiny new bike down to Crane, Mo.

God willing, I will not only be at the Missouri State Rally with my new bike, but ALSO the Iowa Rally this weekend. I plan on seeing as many new friends as possible and giving the bike a chance to make other two-wheeled friends!

Thanks for the invite and I look forward to seeing you all on the road! Thanks for the warm welcome! :heart

know how ya feel

That bike is identical to my first bmw,which i proceeded t'put 10,000 kms on,in the first 3 weeks,attended my FIRST rally,( The Trail of Tears,in Mo)and it looks like your scoot's the same colour ( Purple Haze.long live Jimmy Hendrix),you'll enjoy every ride,yer cheeks will get sore from smiling :D

mlangston said:
Actually, I've had several dozen suggestions for what all I can do to the bike...as of yet, I'm just very happy to have such an amazing machine! I'm happy to hear whatever you have to say...go ahead! Put in your $0.02! :brad

This can be dangerous; don't turn in to me. First I was just going to rebuild the carbs, then I was replacing the pushrod tube seals. Then I added run-n-lites, a LED taillight, rebuilt half of everything else, and so on.

Now I'm upgrading my fork springs, putting on new rear shocks, and adding a custom top brace. I have to work fast so it don't interfere with my riding! I get moody if I can't ride...

I think by the time I'm done, I'll have it bored out, dual-plugged, and so on. It's a terrible addiction. I have to make sure not to take out a loan to work on it. Of course, it's easy to justify the fork springs, shocks, and saddle bags. How else can I make a safe/comfortable trip to Vermont? :D

Congrats, and happy riding!!!!! :thumb

mlangston said:
Actually, I've had several dozen suggestions for what all I can do to the bike...as of yet, I'm just very happy to have such an amazing machine! I'm happy to hear whatever you have to say...go ahead! Put in your $0.02! :brad

That was my suggestion,

more Miles (or as Voni calls them sMiles).

-=Brad

BubbaZanetti said:
sweet airhead! they are the best motorcycle in the world...
see ya on the road mandy :wave

I dig the purple. Nice ride, congrats. Happy Trails

you guys ROCK!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to see you guys at rallies for years to come!

By the way, I got my first detailing lesson last night and she's smiling. I put a coat of Crystal Glo on the paint and couldn't leave a fingerprint if I tried. It's so nice to be able to check your reflection out on the tank!

I've ridden to work every day since I got back, and I'm proud to say that there are 4 - count 'em FOUR - staff-owned bikes in front of the MOA today. How cool!

Ride safe everyone! Thanks for all the well-wishing!

Rock on! :rocker

(Here's Mar with the bikes...sMiling as she should be!)

Attachments

• fourbikes.jpg
    fourbikes.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 90
Hi, Mandy,
Nice bike! Congratulations on you new ride! Harriet and I hope to see you again next year at the Blitz to Branson. If you ever get down to the El Paso area (or want info on getting yourself and your bike into Mexico), give us a shout.

Congrats on the new ride.

Looks like it was love at first sight??

Looking forward to your next trip to S IL so we can ride together.

Have fun and ride safe.

Congratulations, Mandy.

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step - or something like that!

Another mileage monster is created.

Paul Glaves

Congrats on your bike. Very nice. It truly does look like love at first sight.
I understand.
I hope to share some roads with you someday.

Back