• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

933 miles in 2 days

MANDYPANTS

Greetings! I just bought a bike and I wanted to share a bit of my trip, so this seems to be the right place.
After finding a bike I knew I could love (I still get butterflies when I look at it), I flew to Washington, D.C. and was retrieved by the best darned riding coach/mentor in the world. We went and picked it up and left D.C. on Sunday morning after about an hour in the hotel parking lot so I could get a feel for things.
We rode through Virginia, West Virginia and into Kentucky on the first day. Yesterday, we continued through Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois and now, finally, back home in Missouri. The whole trip was 933 miles. I visited a childhood friend and some family on the trip, rode through the mountains in the rain, saw a rainbow behind me in the mirrors and had an amazing time.
The best part is that there is a bike in the parking lot that is mine all mine.
I'll see you on the road!
:bikes

Attachments

• love2_medium.jpg
    love2_medium.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 309
Here's another picture from the West Virginia border...enjoy!

Attachments

• wv2_medium.jpg
    wv2_medium.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 296
Way cool Mandy!!! Only 99,067 sMiles to go before you get your 100K award. And, it will happen before you know it!

Riding Like the Wind (to the Iowa Rally)...

CHASMAN #12106

Black '02 K12RS
Knights of the Roundel #333
Life Member NRA

Mandy! You don't like bikes or nothin' do ya?
Sounds like a great ride you had. I liked the "rainbow in the mirror" view. I see some of my best views in my mirrors! :brad

OooOoOoooooh! A classically styled boxer! Good choice.
We've got you now, and you'll never escape..... Congratulations and welcome.

That's a groovy kind of love! :heart What a great picture! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to many more ride reports!

sweet airhead! they are the best motorcycle in the world to learn on (if this is in fact your first bike :brow ) you will have a lot of fun with it then one day, when you "upgrade" to an oilhead or.......heaven forbid, a K bike, you will miss it like crazy.

see ya on the road mandy :wave

Mandy yay!!!!

I'm so happy to see you so happy!!!

I'm sorry I didn't get to see you in DC.... perhaps next time ;)

I guess I'll just have to ride out to your neck-o-the-woods huh?

(Somehow I feel obligated to take the exact same picture of me on my bike...)

-Xaque-

Mandy - Congrats on the new bike and on completing the "tin butt" ride!

YEAH!!! Ya' what everybody else said. It's always good to have something that makes you feel 'RIGHT'

Many happy sMiles :heart

Doc

Missouri State Rally

Mandy,

Ride that shiny new bike down to Crane, Mo.
Good folks, great rally.

MO June 23-25, 2006
Missouri State Rally
Springfield BMW Road Riders #8
Join us for one of the best kept secrets in rallies. Located in the city park in Crane Missouri, on State Hwy 413, just 30 miles SW of Springfield or 35 miles NW of Branson, MO. Beautiful shaded, creek-side camping, Bean Pot on Fri night, BBQ dinner on Sat with endless coffee & drinks. Self-guided tours & group rides on beautiful Ozark Mountain roads. All for only $25 preregister, $30 on site.

Congratulations on a really great bike! Love that colour too!
I'm gonna have to disagree with Derek though- I 'graduated' from a K to an R100R and I'm much happier now (although I wasn't unhappy with the K).

Like yourself I had to travel and bring my R100R home. And after almost three years with the R (WOW time flies!), I still smile and get all warm inside when I see it parked out in the garage (sometimes I find myself mumbling "Damn sexy motorcycle!" as I gaze in admiration). I still give it admiring pats on the tank. I still feel guilt and sadness when I make a mistake that puts another scratch or blemish on it. But I also still beam with pride when somebody in public asks about the bike and/or compliments it- which happens more often than I can understand why.

You now own a pretty rare bike (mine is only the second one I'd ever laid eyes on and I've still seen less than seven or eight total in the flesh), and the one in which many people say that BMW finally got it all RIGHT before killing off the airhead line. Ride well and be proud! I hope to share the road with you sometime.

BradfordBenn said:
You know what you need to add to the bike?

Actually, I've had several dozen suggestions for what all I can do to the bike...as of yet, I'm just very happy to have such an amazing machine! I'm happy to hear whatever you have to say...go ahead! Put in your $0.02! :brad

Back