• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

93 K75S Front Wheel Bearings

ghyber

I wanted to replace the front wheel bearings and so ordered some "jobber" replacement wheel bearings from an online store called Pyramid Parts. I received both bearings a few months ago but just checked them yesturday when the OEM stuff failed to materialize. Both bearings are identical. However, the BMW microfiche shows that the bearings should be disimilar in size. One is $20, the other $60, the later being out of stock in North America.

I won't make the cheap parts mistake twice.

Does anyone have any input on K75S wheel bearings.

Last edited:
The problem wasn't that they are cheap parts.

K75Ss with Y spoke wheels use two same size bearings (the ones you got). K75Ss with 3 spoke wheels use one bearing the size you got and one bearing that is larger.

Just because they're not currently in stock in North America doesn't mean that the fatherland doesn't have any. Parts ordered from BMW Germany usually show up here (in California) in a week or so. That's way quicker than you'll be ready for them by the looks of what you're doing.

:dance:dance:dance

Hello my trustee Lee,

Thanks for providing me with the background information on the different wheel/bearing size configurations for the BMW K75S wheels.

I am obviously not going to use the Pyramid bearings but managed to find ONE :)thumb), yes, one bearing in Canada and it will ship out tomorrow.

My BMW dealer in Montreal ordered the bearing from Germany and the item is currently out of stock or "back order". So the "motherland" is dry right now. However, should anyone required the hard-to-find wheel bearing, I did manage to locate two stores in the US whose inventory shows stock, but that remains to be confirmed (sometimes the inventory is not updated).

Regards and thanks again,

Ghyslain

p.s. you care to comment on why the 3-spoke wheel has different diameter bearings - there must be a technical reason. :scratch

Back