• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2020 RT Firmware needed ??

ramble

ohbeemer
I do my own service so the girl hasn't seen the dealer for awhile. 35k now and a couple of years since plugged into the mother ship's computer. Does she need new firmware? What is the purpose of this firmware?

I do my own service so the girl hasn't seen the dealer for awhile. 35k now and a couple of years since plugged into the mother ship's computer. Does she need new firmware? What is the purpose of this firmware?

I don't do updates unless there seems to be a problem with the bike.

I updated my 17 GS for the first time in 2022. Just thought I was close to the shop and figured I would do it.

60 bucks later I was out the door. My bike is non TFT so updates are pretty quick.

Personally not sure the bike will ever get another as I don't see the need. Since it has been done once now after 5 years, not sure what they would update on a 17 1200 GS?

Thanks you 2, you're 2 of the most knowledgable on the forum. I'm old school, and the bikes non-TFT which I love. My question arose after I did the HEX code reader check and cleared the service light and reset the next reminder myself, so if I can stay clear of the dealer Whooo hooo.

Back