• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 R1200 RT Value, 50 k miles, your guess on value??

jkjohnson

UPDATE: KBB lists the Trade-in value at $8,880, and the listing value at $12,320. That is all that I need for now. Thanks, everyone.

My riding buddy of 25 years will not be riding anymore due to some medical problems and is thinking strongly of selling his beloved 2015 R1200RT. This bike is in "like new" condition, with BMW Nav 5 GPS, with around 50k miles, located in Oregon. QUESTIONS: 1) What is your guess of the value to a private party, and 2) What is your guess of what a dealer might give him?

Thanks
PS: I've my own R1200GS and don't need another bike. His bike was regularly ridden until about 6 months ago, and I ride it periodically to keep it happy. A very nice bike.

Last edited:
Assume you met GS not GT. I would guess value to be between 12 and 16k depending on farkles and the buyer.

No idea then and probably the wrong forum for this post. Did you look on marketplace to see if anything similar was for sale?

Some places to start looking for prices are kbb and nada (apparently now JD Power). One could also browse CycleTrader, CraigsList, and other on-line sources. Of course, asking and getting are not the same thing.

Here are some screen grabs from kbb and jd power -

Screenshot 2023-08-07 141626.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-07 141713.jpg

My riding buddy of 25 years will not be riding anymore due to some medical problems and is thinking strongly of selling his beloved 2015 R1200RT. This bike is in "like new" condition, with BMW Nav 5 GPS, with around 50k miles, located in Oregon. QUESTIONS: 1) What is your guess of the value to a private party, and 2) What is your guess of what a dealer might give him?

Thanks
PS: I've my own R1200GS and don't need another bike. His bike was regularly ridden until about 6 months ago, and I ride it periodically to keep it happy. A very nice bike.

I'm guessing no more than $12k if sold privately, closer to $11k. If you go through a dealer, they'd need to inspect and detail it, so take off 20% from that $12k as well as the price of the dealer's inspection and detail. And at risk of going down a rabbit hole of debate with the iron-butters and air-headers, 50k miles will potentially scare off some shoppers. YMMV.

Back