• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2020 F750GS - Mounting a Dry Spec Tool Tube - Twisted Throttle

The used 2020 F750 I got in December came with a lot of after marked items installed but didn't have it's BMW tool Kit. I had been thinking about adding a CruzTools Roadtech B2 BMW Tool kit for my F850GSA and that would free up the kit I assembled for the F750GS. Now where to carry it, the space under the seat is taken by a switching fuse box for the GPS and USB charging plug I had installed, and I don't like to have to un-pack my bags looking for tools. Twisted Throttle

ToolTube1.jpg advertised a tool tube
that looking like it might be perfect for the job. I ordered one and received it in a few days. I test fitted it inside my port bag rack with some zip ties, it fit great but needed mounts that would not fail on a rough road. Screenshot 2022-01-24 160724.jpg

A quick trip to the hardware store came up with exactly what I needed, combined with some stainless steel machine screws and lock-tight nuts I had the tube mounted in a few minutes. My tool roll fit in it nicely, it is water tight and handy if needed.

ToolTube2.jpg:)

These canisters have a multitude of uses. I have one on my G310GS that holds tire repair tools and materials. And each of our G310s also have one that holds a 1 liter MSR brand fuel bottle with some spare fuel.

Back