• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 R1200RT in Clearwater FL

markbmw

Hello all:

Proud to say I am lifeling riding enthusiast. I have ridden many of the Asian brands from sport to sport touring to cruiser. Even considered some touring Harleys on my last purchase. But once I was a 1/4 mile down the road on the RT test ride, I knew I needed to be back on a sport/touring bike. IN July I bought the 15 RT with every option in an amazing blue. Sadly FL has been riddled with rain this year and I just passed my 600 mile service. Embarrassing.

My first BMW and I am VERY impressed on how well this bike rides. Though, not a lot of drama. I can envision long trips in the saddle. But I wonder if I got the right bike for my current riding. Most of my riding has been city riding, no more than 50-75 miles from home. And though the RT is very tossable, its capabilities are wasted as a city bike. I am also thinking I want more drama in my ride. The RT is perfect, but kinda uneventful. All that technology is awesome, but misses the reason I rode my first bike (Honda Hawk GT650).

I guess once I take one long trip to the Keys, East Coast or Carolinas I will know the answer to the question. Probably one of the best bikes for that application. But I can not help longing to customize an R9T of my own. Or maybe the new RS. Once I pay off the RT I will add another to the stable, but until then I drool over other otpions. (Which I did not think I would do when buying th RT). If I do make a change, either way I ride and in both scenarios, it wil be a BMW. Just a battle of wants over needs and having every bike out there in my garage.

Anyone had a chance to ride all three? Be curious to feedback or a comparison.

Anyone in the Tampa Bay area (or group) wanna make a long ride and help me break this bike in?

Thanks Mark

Mark -

Welcome to the forum! Here's hoping you get a chance to ride more this winter. Post a picture when you get a chance!!

Take the technological opportunity to force the lifestyle change for the better. Schedule the long weekend trips even when life gets in the way. Eventually your socioeconomic environment will adjust to your new priorities even if they, (family and job) don't understand.

image.jpg

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the club and the forum!! I too switched to the sport tourer (K16) and miss my R12GS from time to time. Like you one day I'll add another R12GS back to the stable.

Thanks for being a member:wave:clap

I bought my 15 RT this past April. I now have almost 8k miles. I couldn't imagine a better bike for logging lots of miles. I love everything about the bike and am always looking forward to my next adventure. I'm also considering something much smaller for a more around town bike. While I like the RT for long rides, I feel like I want something else for quick trips around town.

Back