• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New(ish) member in Kansas City, MO

sasquatch2112

Hello!
I was a member about 4 or 5 years ago but let it lapse. I was finally able to get my r1150RT serviced and ready for some proper riding after a few gut punches from life that forced me to set that aside. I am really looking forward to easing my way back into some motorcycle touring. I have a 2004 r1150RT (P) with just under 50,000 miles. I bought it used in 2018 with 14,000 miles. It had overheated from the previous owner lending it to an employee who thought it was a good idea to let it sit in his driveway and warm up since it hadn't been ridden in a while. Lucky for me there was minimal damage from overheating that is mostly cosmetic from the exterior panels getting hot and suffering some discoloration. But now i think I have a great touring machine that will last me a very long time. I also have a 2001 Triumph Adventurer 900 that is not running because it just needs a little TLC. I bought my first bike in 1987 while stationed at Eglin Air Force base, Florida. I took a hiatus for several years but started riding again in 2004ish. I will be sure to read the forum rules and also search for previous posts before posting a question. Its good to be back and be a part of the MOA community!
Cheers!

Welcome to the BMW MOA and this Forum. If the need arises you will be in good hands there at Engle Motors.

Welcome back sasquatch2112! Hope you are able to start racking up the miles and best of luck getting the Triumph back on the road. Please share pics of the bikes if you are able.

Back