• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2010 K1300GT 60K Miles Fuild injector cleaning ??

Hi All
I am doing maintenance on my bike including new spark-plugs and since I already have all the covers off I was thinking if now was a good time to clean the fuel injectors ??. I took the gas tank off but I was not even able to locate them.
And my question is have any of you guys ever taking the fuel injectors off and had them cleaned ??
Or you think there is even a need to do it
THANKS in Advance for any input

No need to remove them unless you are experience significant issues with the bike. A better option is to use a dose of fuel-based injector cleaner every 24k, like BG-44 or Techron, and to run only top-tier fuels that have such additives included, like Chevron/Texaco with Techron.

80k on my K13GT and runs like new following the above protocol.

Best,
DeVern

I agree with Devern.

With something over 1.6 million miles on Voni's and my fuel injected bikes I have never had to remove injectors to be cleaned. If ridden regularly injectors seldom clog. I do advise a dose of Techron in a tank of fuel just before a minor or major service including an oil change.

But, bikes left sitting for prolonged periods can cause clogged injectors: some so bad they are junk but most can be restored when sent to a professional cleaning and testing service.

Back