• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2004 R1150RS 47k fuel injectors clean and test

MOONDOG59

While I'm here I had my last set of fuel injectors cleaned and tested from a recommendation from someone on this set. Don't recall who it is, can't locate receipt. I ran SeaFoam through them earlier and power getting to them trying to start it. Who is recommended?

DIY Cleaning Fuel Injectors?

Any reason why this would not work to clean the injectors on my 2002 R1150RS?

Any reason why this would not work to clean the injectors on my 2002 R1150RS?

There are several DIY videos for cleaning injectors. No reason it won’t work.

But, how will you know that it worked properly? For all the work I do myself on my 1100RT, I am happy to spend $50-$60 for a professional injector cleaning. The reports show the before and after flow rate, so I know that the injectors are performing correctly and equally.

Professional Injector Cleaning

Michael,
Thank you for your reply. Great point. Sounds like $$ well-spent to verify if everything is performing properly.
/r
Brad

It's up to you whether you want seat-of-the-pants feedback or actual scientific feedback on how clean your injectors are. Personally, I did an at-home cleaning process to the injectors currently in my R850R and have been quite satisfied with the results. All I used was a 9-volt battery, a couple of gator clip jumper wires, and a can of carb cleaner. I also replaced all the serviceable parts like the filters and O-rings with a kit from Dimar Motorsports at the same time.
The pro cleaning seems quite reasonably priced if you have less time than I do.

There are several DIY videos for cleaning injectors. No reason it won’t work.

But, how will you know that it worked properly? For all the work I do myself on my 1100RT, I am happy to spend $50-$60 for a professional injector cleaning. The reports show the before and after flow rate, so I know that the injectors are performing correctly and equally.

I tried to clan mine using one of those attachments to a carb cleaner can, but I could not get the gummed up screens out, so they are on their way to mr injector. You can buy new Chicom injectors for about the same price, but the reviews are not good. Sticking with bosh.

I got a set of matched R1200 injectors from tills.de and they made a huge difference in drive ability, especially at part throttle.

BMW makes a great Fuel Injector Induction Cleaner
Part Number: 82140428376
Supersession(s): 82-14-0-428-376

I also use Berryman's 12 Chemtool fuel system cleaner.

Help ID correct Bosch EV-14 Injectors for 2002 R1150RS

What is the part number and source for Bosch EV-14 Injectors for my 2002 R1150RS?
Thank you in advance.
/r
Brad Eyre

Back