• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2004 R1150RS 47k fuel drain diagram cap to tank plate

MOONDOG59

My two drain lines from fuel cap to tank plate are different lengths and lost track of which is which. Is one line longer than the other and is there a good diagram of which goes where. This bike has had the canister removed.

My two drain lines from fuel cap to tank plate are different lengths and lost track of which is which. Is one line longer than the other and is there a good diagram of which goes where. This bike has had the canister removed.

If the canister is removed then both lines daylight to the atmosphere so it doesn't matter which is which.

That's what I thought but I'm short on one and its a stretch to make one connection. I don't recall if I ever cut one. Any measurement as to what the vent lines are out of the factory?

Just an educated guess from when I had my 2004 R1150RT tank open for fuel pump and filter replacement. The shorter line may go to the vent / tip over valve (probably the wrong technical term) and the longer one goes to the filler cap water drain. The vent / tip over valve connection is farther forward of the filler cap water drain connection, if I remember correctly.
DSCI0870.jpgDSCI0871.jpg

Back