• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1972 BMW R75/5 - Center Stand Dimensions

b25bsaboy

Good morning and I trust everyone is staying safe these days.

I was wondering if anyone has the correct dimensions for the 1972 R 75/5 center stand. The reason I ask, I have just received my second used center stand where the seller said it will fit perfectly, but from the looks of things, its too short. So before I go a spend more money, would like to be armed with the dimensions or dimensional drawing.

Center stand

Good morning and I trust everyone is staying safe these days.

I was wondering if anyone has the correct dimensions for the 1972 R 75/5 center stand. The reason I ask, I have just received my second used center stand where the seller said it will fit perfectly, but from the looks of things, its too short. So before I go a spend more money, would like to be armed with the dimensions or dimensional drawing.

When my 1973 LWB is on the center stand I measure 11 inch's from the floor to the center of the pivot bolt.

I recently saw a center stand on ebay that was advertised as being for a /6. It was actually for a later model and had the spring mounts in the wrong position.
If you bought that one then you may want to get back to the seller for a refund. As I remember, I sent the seller a note saying that it was not for a /6 but I guess he knew better than me.

I recently saw a center stand on ebay that was advertised as being for a /6. It was actually for a later model and had the spring mounts in the wrong position.
If you bought that one then you may want to get back to the seller for a refund. As I remember, I sent the seller a note saying that it was not for a /6 but I guess he knew better than me.

Thank you for the response! No I bought it on the AirHead site and have been in contact with the seller and advised him that i will take everything apart to measure correctly. Pain where the sun don't shine, but what the heck in that I can't go anywhere during this health lockdown due to the pandemic.

Back