• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'05 R1200 ST throttle body connector?

RANBUSH

Ran Bush
I'm working on my '05 R1200 ST, trying to remove the throttle bodies. The wire latch on this connector pushes in easily, but I can't remove the plug with the green and blue-gray wires.

What am I missing?

clip copy.jpg

TIA.

Last edited:
Ran,

Maybe try pulling the wire latch out (to the left)?

Thanks for the thought, Lee. I tried that, a little gentle pull with needle nose pliers. The wire clip doesn't want to pull out, but it pushes in easily about 1/4". But then the male plug with the two wires doesn't release. There are three other metal clips on the fuel lines that easily pull out, but not this one.

On the MAX fiche, I see the injector with a square female receptacle, but I don't see the male plug that goes into it and is secured by the metal clip.

I'll keep looking, maybe someone here knows what the male plug is.

Attachments

• R1200 injector 13617672335_1_B.jpg
    R1200 injector 13617672335_1_B.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 80
Ran,

The connector looks very similar to ones on early Kbikes. Those wire clips pull out. In fact, since they are open on one end (the end to the right in your photo) you can remove the whole wire clip before trying to separate the connectors.

After looking at an enlarged version of your photo, it appears that your connector IS different. There appears tto be a small tab to the rear (left) of your wire clip that would prevent the clip from being pulled out. That would mean that the clip needs to be pushed in. See if there is something preventing it from being pressed in further (like maybe the left end of the wire clip needs to be pressed up ( or down) AND in at the same time to go in all the way.

The clips are designed to be easy to connect on the assembly line (as it should be).

They require more effort to disconnect because you don’t want them to accidentally come loose.

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
When I did some work on my RT a few years ago, I found that one connector was able to come off with just pushing in that wire clip, but the other I had to remove the wire clip to separate the connector. IIRC it took some gentle wiggling to get it disconnected.

drneo66;1297547 but the other I had to remove the wire clip to separate the connector. [/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the idea, I'm away from the bike but I'll try that next.

Back