• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

anyone have experience with Akrapovic pipes on their 1600? and/or photos?

K1600_gtl

I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who's put Akrapovic on the K1600... I can get them installed for $2100... $1200 less than the dealer asking price.

Here you go:

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-general-discussions/5365-akrapovic-vs-remus-comparison.html

My take on this thread is that the Akros might be a bit quieter than the Remus system, but the latter's sound is adjustable by installing the inserts.

Another thread:

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-exhaust-fuel-delivery/7121-akrapovic-vs-remus.html

FWIW, here's a link to a Remus video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU4uqRFGdEk

Good luck with this - it's a subjective thing. In any event, those six cylinder engines sound good, with a quality exhaust system. I've ridden a Triumph triple with an Akro system, and it was a symphony.

I was to cheap to spend 2k+ on cans, ended up punching the 4 blocked off ports with a 1/2 inch x16 center punch, bike sounds much better very little more noise, cost $00
Worth a try first before spending the big bucks

I was to cheap to spend 2k+ on cans, ended up punching the 4 blocked off ports with a 1/2 inch x16 center punch, bike sounds much better very little more noise, cost $00
Old trick :whistle
Helps if you get 'em started with a drill bit :eek
OM

I mostly like the way they look, not so much the sound, but that's a bonus is all.

For this much money you can buy Wilburs or spend a few bucks more and get Ohlins. I promise you that anyone who does this will swear that it's an improvement. Much more return than fancy overpriced pipes that don't improve performance by much, if any.

For this much money you can buy Wilburs or spend a few bucks more and get Ohlins. I promise you that anyone who does this will swear that it's an improvement. Much more return than fancy overpriced pipes that don't improve performance by much, if any.

I have yet to see any Ohlins made for the K1600. Do you have a link?

Good point! When I look at can comparisons in various bike mags (US & German), the curves are often, IMHO, why bother except for the sound? OTOH, as the "very pleased with the difference" owner of a set of Öhlins (albeit in a K1200RS) there is a discernible difference. Wilbur v. Öhlin? Beats me - the K's PO went with Öhlins so I guess that settles it for me. :)

Back