• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Overnight parking for truck and trailer

Spence

I'm planning a trip and would like to trailer my bike out of the city traffic congestion, park the truck and trailer for several days while I continue on with the bike. What are some places that would allow this? I would placard the truck with my name and contact info so if someone did need to reach me, they could or at least be aware that I have not returned. Any ideas?
Spence

We had basically the same thread elsewhere. Depending on where you stay that last night of driving the truck/trailer, why don't you ask the hotel, if you can leave it in their lot?

To encourage members that may be up to help you out, along with the general ideas, perhaps the area that you want to do this will help. OM

Problem Solved - Duh!

An airport. Not one of the big ones but a smaller general aviation airport. It's not unusual for pilots to leave their cars there for several days. I just called one near to where I want to set off from and they said sure, just leave them my information.
Thanks

What a great idea! Never thought of that. Will be doing a trip down to ride the length of the BRP and meeting my bro in VA. Was going to use a storage rental place but will now also see if there are any GA airports in the area :)

An airport. Not one of the big ones but a smaller general aviation airport. It's not unusual for pilots to leave their cars there for several days. I just called one near to where I want to set off from and they said sure, just leave them my information.
Thanks

+1 for Anonymous Book. We've let riders leave their vehicle and trailer at our house.

I trailer all the time, I LOVE riding, but HATE traveling on 2 wheels. 12 hours riding twisty's I am happy, and hour on a slab I am ready to have my nails pulled off, to make it stop.

That said, Anonymous book, ADV rider has a tent space thread listing people offering space for various things, incl parking space. Hotels and motels as others mentioned. MC dealerships are generally accommodating, Independent repair shops, incl car and truck repair, anybody with some space.

I usually show up with a gift of adult beverage, or get a gift certificate to a local diner as a show of appreciation.

Back