• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First Timers at the rally

Well said Jim!!!

Listen up First Timers! Please, be out going. As Jim says, insert yourselves in conversations and table settings. Yeah this can be uncomfortable but it really is a great way to break the ice. A simple "Hey this is my (our) first rally" comment to a stranger will take you on your way to meeting many new people. It will be all good.

Enjoy the Howlin' at the Moon National! We're looking forward to seeing you.

Do I understand Jerry is bringing the cigars? Then I won't have to.:thumb:thumb

Along with some of the ideas for first-timers, I'd like to add some. It is appreciated a lot when you volunteer. However, when you get to the rally, get registered and set up. Then check what other things you'd like to do. THEN go sign up for a shift at something. The last thing we want to hear is that you were too busy volunteering to ........ It's supposed to be fun, and we don't want to burn anybody out at their first National. But if you feel you have the time, please do volunteer.

One other thing I like to tell new folks , welcome to the family. This is a family reunion with relatives you didn't know you had, and some you'll probably wonder about. A smile and a handshake go a long way, and after a while, hugs and kisses are not uncommon.

Uh, Jerry, Rocky Patel Edge or Perdomo Champagne, please.:stick:stick

In the bag

Cuban Cohibas
LaGloria Cubano
Quintero
Casablanca domica
Bolivar domica

I am certain there will be more by the time I get it all packed.

Howlin' at the Moon Coffee

Stop at the Katy Depot and pick up some of our special blended Howlin' at the Moon coffee. The Ozark Mountain Coffee Company prepared this special blend just for us. It's available in 2oz packages.

Mercy! Coffee, Scotch, cigars, various types of carburized animal protein, beer, friends and Beemers! What more could be wanted?

Okay, now that the talk bout what treats are being brought along....here's my lineup.

Talisker 10, 2004 Vegas Robaina and Ramon Allone Specially Selected, AF 858 Sungrown, Frank Llaneza 1961, Monte Afrique, and assorted Honduran/Nicaraguan sticks to hand out.

On a little more serious note.....do you cigar smokers camp a little toward the edge of the campgrounds or have any problems with people complaining about the smoke? My last National was West Bend and I don't remember having any problems enjoying a few cigars in the evening.

Looking forward to it!

Ask first

I rolled in to Bloomsburg, saw the shade trees near the stage and approached the folks camped there. I said, "I drink, I smoke cigars and I cuss; is this a good place to pitch my tent?"

I was welcomed with a chorus of we do too.

Great group of folks and a lot of fine smokes and select beers and whiskey was consumed.

Back