• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Just registered for my first national!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enriquez

Hi folks,

I just paid the registration for the 50th Rally, and I'm stoked!!

This will be my first MOA rally ever and I'm looking to meet many of you guys and girls. I've became a member back in to 2003, mainly because of the BMW ON, where I enjoyed all the airhead articles and ride stories. 7~8 years later I let my membership expire and renew it back in 2020 hoping to attend the next year rally, but we all know what happen that year, don't we? Back then in 2003, when I became a member, attending the rally, was a far-reaching idea, but now it is starting to look real... :dance

I’ve a 2012 R1200RT that must undergo a somewhat deep preventive maintenance in the following months, to make it ready for the long ride to VA.

As the departure date comes closer you’ll be hearing more from me, as I would like to get as much advice as possible on routes, etc.

Regards,
Mario Enriquez
BMW MOA #107316

¡Hola Mario!
Like you, I waited a long time after becoming an MOA member before attending my first rally. Back in those days I had a 2005 R1200RT, similar to your bike. I put over 120,000 miles on the bike and it was running like new when I sold it. Your bike will easily cover that distance. When you get to the rally look me up. First cerveza is on me.

¡Hola Mario!
Like you, I waited a long time after becoming an MOA member before attending my first rally. Back in those days I had a 2005 R1200RT, similar to your bike. I put over 120,000 miles on the bike and it was running like new when I sold it. Your bike will easily cover that distance. When you get to the rally look me up. First cerveza is on me.

Wow.. the MOA President buying a the first beer... this is looking even better.. Gracias! ;)

Mario,
So cool that you're gonna make the long ride to the rally! If you take I-85 through Georgia, you will pass within two miles of my house, just northeast of Atlanta. Not sure what day you'll be passing through, but if I haven't yet left for the rally, and you need to take a break, let me know. Otherwise, I hope to meet you at the rally!

Mario,
So cool that you're gonna make the long ride to the rally! If you take I-85 through Georgia, you will pass within two miles of my house, just northeast of Atlanta. Not sure what day you'll be passing through, but if I haven't yet left for the rally, and you need to take a break, let me know. Otherwise, I hope to meet you at the rally!

You're very kind my friend, thank you.

I have not yet decided on a route once I cross the border into the US, but sure will keep your offer in mind.

Hope to see you at the rally.

Regards,
Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back