• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1200LT foot pegs

I'm trying to find foot pegs that will move my feet down or foward. Also I would like to find some highway pegs that are cheaper than the one's from BMW. Can anyone help me out with this

I'm trying to find foot pegs that will move my feet down or foward. Also I would like to find some highway pegs that are cheaper than the one's from BMW. Can anyone help me out with this

I would suggest you go to this website. www.bmwlt.com
There is a lot of information on different foot pegs.

There is a section in this forum for ergonomics that has more info than you can read in a day.

Common peg lowering kits are Suburban machinery

highway pegs: Mick-o-pegs and J-pegs

I purchased highway pegs from Bob's BMW for a 2005 K1200LT for under $125 last year. They clamp around the crash bars. All you need to do is cut a little of the plastic guards back. I multi tool with a cutting bit works great.
http://www.bobsbmw.com/index.html

You are looking for a foot peg lowering kit for your driver pegs. There are a few companies that make the foot peg lowering kits. Judson Cycle Sales in Lake Crystal, MN had a used set this winter. You can reach them at 507-726-2222.
I didn't use them because I felt I would scrap the pegs on occasion with a lower mount.

I did have some lowering pegs but did not like them as much as the floor bords that I now have that incorpate the lowering also. Need them due to 32" legs. You can see them at http://www.dodk64.com/pictures.html The cost is $239 + $10 shipping. I do not have any problem with draging on the corners hear in Co. Guess I just not that agressive any more.
Hope this helps you some.

That is where I bought my orignal lower pegs but wanted the floor boards. The floor boards I like much better as it gives support to all of your foot.

I use the foot pegs while in the twisties, the jpegs on the highway and Mick o Pegs when slabbing around town.

As for as resting me feet, I just were a boot with a strong sole.

If you want floor boards, get a Harley. If you ride a Beemer, use the pegs. If you do a ton of slab time, get the jpegs and the Mick O Pegs.:p

Guess that you don't go very far on you BMW as after 4 or 5 days of riding my feet get tired even with good boots with good sole. In the Mts of CO theyÔÇÖre a lot of curves and twisty that we take with no problems. Not even in the big city do we have any problems with the boards. Still don't like HD and never had on. Put a lot of miles on Guzzie (Over 200,000K) and they always have boards and they are great.

Back