• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Barber Vintage Racing

Becky973

October 17-19 is the last race of the season at the "Best Track" in the USA at the Barber Motorsport Park. Come out and see some great racing along with a very good Flea Market. Also the museum!! Any bike that you ever wanted to see again is there.

Hope to see you there.:wave

Becky:dance

Attachments

• #973 at Road America.jpg
    #973 at Road America.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 115
I hope to pull by 1 PM or so. I'll be riding down from Asheville with a couple friends.

Do you know what the race schedule is? Are you racing?

Races

Friday will be practice all day (8-5). Saturday and Sunday we usually have two rounds of practice in the AM Until 11:00. They will have one or two races before a lunch break. We have about 10 different races each day. I race in the Lightweight Production class #973. Stop by the pits and see the bike.

Becky

Best track?

Actually, I have never raced at Barber, but my friends say it is great. I race a stock CB350 at NHMS with USCRA in FCB class ( bump into MWSV and LWSV) and WERA GP350, (bump into GP500) at summit point under my USCRA license. I plan to join WERA next year as well so I can run VIR, Summit Point (both dates).

For anyone interested, the cheapest way to get into racing old bikes is to run a CB350 (in my opinion). Both WERA and USCRA have a good grid of riders which battle it out, but also respect each other...and understand we all have to get home safe. It is fast too, my good buddy tim and fellow member of the "wanker racing group" turned 1:37s at Summit Point on a stock CB350. Too fast for me to catch...this year!

Becky, I like your bike. Here is mine. 223.
20080709d046m.jpg

AAA.jpg

Nice bike

I have to run a stock bike in Lightweight Product with AHMRA. Your bike looks like it would be in the Sportsman class. It is a great place to get started into race and keep the cost down. We have a some good guys in AHRMA too. Some people still need to go to work on Monday (not me!!).

Becky

Back