• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1100rsl

NYRt28

I am currently ridng a 94' K1100RS and am inteested in the R1100 RSL, but there doesn't seem to be many available. Does anybody know if there is a club or organization for them, or if there is a central web site used by dealers to list their used bikes? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey RT28NY try this link below from BMWRT site. A lady rider is selling her bike. I met the owner and seen the bike,
No Problems!!!!!

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthrea...ollapsed&what=showflat&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1&vc=1

tellem' BMWRich sent ya!!!

Below is a picture of the bike.

hey, that's me in the background by the gas pump!!
IMG_0751.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to see that photo, but apparently I've been banned from MRN again. Can you direct link or attach the photo?

The used RSL models are hard to come by in the USA. Only RS models are currently for sale as new bikes at the dealers in USA.

If RSL is what you want, expect to spend many hours calling motorcycle retailers to hunt down a used one.

By the way, This is a RS not a RSL
IMG_0751.jpg

I do have a set of RSL fairings, but I will need to paint them to match my RS before putting them on.. for now I just use my belly pan.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Get a RS.. and I can sell you my RSL fairings.

Last edited:
Sorry dood!!! (Now where's me glasses)

Get a RS.. and I can sell you my RSL fairings.

Beside the new style front fender,only thing I see different besides the paint is the bottom "cowl".
Is that it..??.. or am I missing something else.Thanks

Here is the RS with the lower fairing sometimes called an RSL. This is (was) the standard style offered in Europe and Canada. The lower fairing is no longer avialable to the US market due to lawsuits. Seems somebody burnt an RS(L) to the ground after leaving it idling too long. The lower fairing is quite close to the pipes and can become overheated if they're not cooled by airflow.

Attachments

• r1150rs_titansilver.jpg
    r1150rs_titansilver.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 317
Ed; I knew that it was the European model, but I didn't know why they stopped importing it after 97. Thanks for the heads up. To me it has more eye appeal than the RS, although I believe it to be identical mechanicaly. Correct me if I am wrong about the mechanics.

Thanks

Wow!

My favorite subject. Talking about Big Red.

I'd expect it's hard to find an RS because those of us who have found them don't really want to ride anything else. I liked my '94 R11RSA so well I bought another just like it but with the lowers.

I expect you'll be very pleased when you find yours ; )

Before I got this bike I didn't ride like I do. You'll find yourself several states away on a whim. What fun you'll have . . .

Did I say I love this bike?

Voni
sMiling

Aside from differences to meet local regulations, the RS is the same as the RSL in any given model year. I think that some later RSL models had black engine and tranny cases instead of silver.

Yes we are a devoted buch of owners. I have no intention of replacing my 94 RSL anytime soon. They have not been a very popular model in North America for the last few years, so there will likely not be many used ones out there. The markets here seems to favour the RT and the K1200RS. This year the R1150RS is no longer avialable to Canada except for remaining stock. On the plus side, the Canadian 04 model has the lowers like the euro bike. You may want to consider looking around up here too. I don't know what the importing regulations are like, but I know that lots of pickup trucks are shipped south of the border, so why not a bike? Probably all you'd have to do is swap the speedo from the metric one to miles.

Ed Miller; Thanks again. After your first response, I realized that the RSL was also brought into Canada as a stock model. I have been trying to find out what the import situations are for that. I think that if the bike is bought there and ridden for a time, it can be brought in as a used vehicle. I know that you were able to do that with European cars at one time. If anybody knows the answer to this I think that more people than just myself would be interested in hearing it. I have approached one dealer down here about it but he was not that responsive. Obviously it is in their best interest to sell their own inventory.

Thanks again for your help. RT28NY

Back