• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Prescott AZ Area Tire Changing

mkrouse

Anyone in the area share a group, tire changing machine?

I moved to AZ from NC in April 2014, selling my Coats 220 as it was awkward to move. Just looking to save money and do it right.

Tire Bead breaker

Hi Marc,
I live in the Prescott Valley, AZ. and have a new Harbor Fright tire bead breaker, if your interested in using it your more than welcome too.
I traded in my old 09 GSA for a new 2014 R1200 GS before I was ready to tire the old motorbike,so I have not used it yet.

Ron
928 499 4878

Don't know about Prescott, but Mototire in Phoenix is where I go. I call ahead and order the tires I want and bring the wheels. The guy is is very good and fast. I'm in and out in 15 minutes. Danny is the owner. Mototire.net.

Don't know about Prescott, but Mototire in Phoenix is where I go. I call ahead and order the tires I want and bring the wheels. The guy is is very good and fast. I'm in and out in 15 minutes. Danny is the owner. Mototire.net.

+1 But I'm only a mile away. There's also a Cyclegear practically next door to Mototire.

+1 But I'm only a mile away. There's also a Cyclegear practically next door to Mototire.

I wouldn't trust the idiots at cycle gear with anything. The guy at Mototire knows what he's doing and he's fast. If I pay a little more, fine. If I rode more, I'd get a no mar and do it myself, but I only change tires about once a year anyway.

Star Island

Ron,

I took off my wheels and hauled my wheels and tires to Star Island Motorsports in Prescott Valley. $40 to mount without balance, as I have a balancing rig. Thanks for the offer of help. The service manager gave me a couple strips of lead weights, probably because one of the tires was mounted backwards. They must have missed my giant black, directional arrow.

Tire Bead breakere

Marc,
Your welcome, see you on the road or in town. Are you going to the rally in Billings this year?
Ron

Montana Maybe...Rally No.

Marc,
Your welcome, see you on the road or in town. Are you going to the rally in Billings this year?
Ron
I wander solo, infrequently with a friend from NC. I've been everywhere man, crossed the desert sands man...except Canada.

Tire Mounting in Prescott, AZ

We use Power Sports at the top of the White Spars for tire mounting. They are slightly north of the Safeway on the same side of the street. We paid $25/tire 4 years ago. Our next set was on the way to the MOA ralley 2014. Power Sports has Ducati's out front, rims get treated well, they seem to know what they are doing.

Back