• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wild speculation

I am...a great fan of Honda products...Oldhway

I was in the big new Calgary dealership on Saturday, looking at snowblowers.

They had one of those new Varadero's on the floor.

Of course, I just had to throw my leg over one and try it on for size. Big mistake...:banghead

The new transmission in the new Honda 1200VFR is a "three way" transmission......Full manual shift with left hand clutch, or, full automatic, or , full "clutchless" shifting.

The automatic option would be fantastic in a traffic jam or around town or while trying to eat a DG burger on the go...............:brow

I believe the new BMW 1000RR has a dual clutch transmission. You can select "clutchless shifting" on this bike.

Friends...with the new PDK in their Porsches...claim significant decreases in lap times...hlothery

Hugh:

Porsche claims the PDK shifts in a few hundredths of a second, and this might translate to a reduction of a few seconds of time per lap.

Last edited:
Hugh:

Porsche claims the PDK shifts in a few hundredths of a second, and this might translate to a reduction of a few seconds of time per lap.

I haven't driven one yet.......although my salesman keeps bugging me to come by (be very, very afraid!). Watching F1 coverage on Speed, the shifting is just incredible......hard on the brakes and down 4 gears in a matter of a second or two, etc. I'd love to try it.....................wait, no I wouldn't. :nono

I haven't driven one yet.......although my salesman keeps bugging me to come by (be very, very afraid!). Watching F1 coverage on Speed, the shifting is just incredible......hard on the brakes and down 4 gears in a matter of a second or two, etc. I'd love to try it.....................wait, no I wouldn't. :nono

Hugh, :nono resist the temptation, be strong, hold out, you can do it....

Ah heck, :clap just go for it. Can I have a ride...?:)

Back