• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who's Riding from Kansas City Metro ?

swanee53

Swanee
I'm seriously toying with finally attending my first BMW MOA International Rally after 30 years of membership. I've just never had time before but this one's on the heels of my 63rd birthday and I thought I'd finally give myself that gift.
If anyone is heading to Hamburg from the Kansas City metropolitan area, I'd be interested to hear from you. I have no problem riding solo but always find companionship along the journey a bit more enjoyable.
Leaving early on Wednesday, the 13th, I would like to reach Columbus, OH, that evening, making the 14th's ride a tad shorter allowing for more time to settle in once in Hamburg. My return date is fairly open ended but will need to land back home no later than the night of the 18th.
My intent is to camp once in NY but may pitch my tent along the route both ways, mood and weather permitting.
If any of this fits your own Das Rally plans, please let me know.

Steve,

There should be a bunch of folks heading to NY from Kansas City.

While I'm not sure our schedules match, but a good way to find your "match" would be to check out the Kansas City BMW Motorcycle Club. You could meet face-to-face with a bunch of riders. A good time to do this could be either at our "Land of Oz" Rally 3-5 June, http://www.kcbmwmc.com/rally2016/ and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/238532786278520/ and this forum @ http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...Atchison-Kansas-%93We%92re-Doing-It-Again!%94
or our next meeting, June 27th at the Westport Flea Market.

Either way, you would be able to get a lot of feedback on your planned trip

Don Hamblin
Rally Chair,
2016 “History, Mystery, and
Entertainment! Land of Oz” Rally
Warnock Lake, Atchison, KS
June 3-5, 2016
(256)479-5606
(816)600-2475
BMWScooter@gmail.com
KCBMWMC.com

I'm seriously toying with finally attending my first BMW MOA International Rally after 30 years of membership. I've just never had time before but this one's on the heels of my 63rd birthday and I thought I'd finally give myself that gift.
If anyone is heading to Hamburg from the Kansas City metropolitan area, I'd be interested to hear from you. I have no problem riding solo but always find companionship along the journey a bit more enjoyable.
Leaving early on Wednesday, the 13th, I would like to reach Columbus, OH, that evening, making the 14th's ride a tad shorter allowing for more time to settle in once in Hamburg. My return date is fairly open ended but will need to land back home no later than the night of the 18th.
My intent is to camp once in NY but may pitch my tent along the route both ways, mood and weather permitting.
If any of this fits your own Das Rally plans, please let me know.

Thanks for your reply, Don.

I've also toyed with joining your club over the years but had an underwhelming experience with HoAME back in the early 2000's and thought most clubs would be similar. Can I attend your June 27th meeting before I join the club ? It would be great to visit with some of your members to see if there's a fit for me.

I was asked to join the Oz Rally by a friend several weeks ago but have been unexpectedly scheduled to assist at a business event in Bowling Green, KY, next weekend so I am forced to pass on the invite.

Please feel free to communicate via my personal e-mail address, steve_sw@earthlink.net. My cell number is (913) 219-5456.

Best....

Steve,
You are more than welcome to attend our June meeting or any other club activities.

I'll email some other things we have going on

Don

Back