• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Which Dealership should I go to; Lehigh Valley adjacent

srross1986

I have 2002 BMW 1150gs. I got it last year and after a new fuel pump it ran great. Unfortunately, toward the end of November, it's been running with a higher idle >1200rpm and has hesitation in the higher rpms in 3rd and 4th gear. After playing around with it for the past couple of months I really have not seen any improvement. I drained the fuel tank. I replaced some gaskets on the intake tubes and fuel injectors, spark plugs, coil, I even did the TPS reset. I have not done a sync I dont have the tools. I did a valve adjustment and replaced the cam tensioner in June of 2022.
That being said I'm at a loss of what could be wrong. I might do a hail mary and replace the fuel filter and lines for inside the tank see if it was starting to crack. If that doesnt fix it I want to drop it off either at Montgomeryville cycle or Hermys. Looking for opinions and experiences on these dealers for service. Im on a business trip in April and I would like to drop it then off so they can work on it.

Any advice or experience would be a big help.

Welcome to the forum! Eastern PA I'm guessing? Adding that to your profile will help locate where you are. Hermy's is a well respected shop. That's probably where's I'd go.

I don't know anything about them, but Montgomeryville Cycle is a "powersports" dealer...
Hermy's is BMW and Triumph.

Replacing the fuel filter would be the FIRST thing I do when you start to get a hesitation at speed.
Yup That was the issue, with hesitation. I still have a high idle at 1500. Ill get a manometer and sync it myself. Hermys is still doing my brakes I have a trip to MT Washington this year and I want good brakes.

I've only had one interaction with Montgomeryville and it was great although not their service department so I cannot comment. Some "dealers" now won't work on bikes older than 10 years so be ready to hear that when you call.

Back