• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where can I find the Paint Code?

If you happen to have Platinum Bronze, the paint code is A53. I think if you look up the painted parts in the BMW online parts fiche, you should find the codes for the other colors if you need one of them.

The code under the seat describes the combination of paint colors used on the bike, and each color then has it's own code. I can usually find the individual paint codes from the parts fiche at realoem.com.

For example, the platinum bronze scheme, code WN97, uses A53 for the platinum bronze paint and 976 for the dark slate metallic matte paint.

Capture.jpg

Some trim is a silvery color, for that BMW uses several variations on the name " weissaluminum III 955", but I'm not sure there is any real difference. There are few colors not listed on realoem (like ebony black), but if the color name is also used on BMW cars, the code will be the same.

EDIT: The last seven digits of your VIN, entered here, will tell you the paint combo code. Even without it, you can probably recognize the scheme on realoem by the name.

Thanks for the replies. The bike is in Alpine White (or Alpine White III) which doesn't not show on the Colorite web site as a 2016 colour. I plan on getting my top box lid painted to match the bike and the painter has asked for the paint code as well as a sample panel. I can give him a panel, which should be enough, but I'd like to find the paint code as well. There's nothing under the seat and the only sticker is a "Bosch" identification sticker on a component.

However the VIN Number decoder for which Ikarus has provided a link has given me the info that I needed. Thanks heaps....

Thanks for the replies. The bike is in Alpine White (or Alpine White III) which doesn't not show on the Colorite web site as a 2016 colour. I plan on getting my top box lid painted to match the bike and the painter has asked for the paint code as well as a sample panel. I can give him a panel, which should be enough, but I'd like to find the paint code as well. There's nothing under the seat and the only sticker is a "Bosch" identification sticker on a component.

However the VIN Number decoder for which Ikarus has provided a link has given me the info that I needed. Thanks heaps....

Under the seat, or on the underneath side of the seat?

"300" looked a little strange with no letter, but it seems to be correct. Also found this from a car forum, which has alternate codes for different paint manufacturers and instructions that a auto paint store could use to mix from scratch.

Back