• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's the Weather like where you are today?

Xylia hits the High Plains!
Glad I don't live any further South tonight.
The Southern Black Hills are getting pounded, the further south you go the worse it is.
The flatlands between Newcastle WY and Cheyenne and South to Fort Collins are under Blizzard conditions.
I've got about 4" of really heavy wet snow on the driveway and maybe 6" on the lawn.
The forecast is for the snow to quit tonight and for it to warm up all week.
My trailer is next to the garage poised for easy access next weekend when I head south to Alamosa CO to begin a ten-day ride into AZ/NM/NV/UT and maybe even CA.

Saturday the temp hit 45F and there were bare patches of ground starting to appear in the meadow. Sunday we were supposed to get 0.38 inches of snow - a mere dusting - but the front stalled over us. By mid-afternoon we had seven inches of fairly wet snow. Overnight the temp dropped below zero so that wet snow has a thick icy crust. Currently 0F but will rise to 15F today...then 40s the rest of the week.

It's a crazy time of year when just as I think I might get the bikes out more snow and ice arrives.

Pete

Denver

Got two feet of snow over the weekend, 35mph winds yesterday and overnight. 3.5 ft drifts in the driveway this morning. Will be going out to shovel after the conference call I'm on right now....

We dodged a bullet, the Snow has stopped,
A nasty icy mess on the driveway has been cleared.

Forecast 34F and cloudy with a possibility of snow showers today.

Right now it is 28F, foggy, with visibility less than 200 yards.
Warm Ground, melting snow, cold air = Ground Fog.

Only 30 miles South of us got hammered with "feet" of snow, we got 3"-4" .

They sure try to get exact with their snow forecast :)

I think they are most reliable when they say "it might snow; maybe not." The two decimal place accuracy comes from actually believing their computer models. Good meteorologists interpret their models. They don't just quote them.

Date and temperature match now. Looking forward to having the screens in and windows open.
OM

After a few days of +10-15ºC, grass and a start on our maple tapping we just got 6" of snow last night and it's still coming down. The bikes will be in the basement a little longer.

It hit 70F yesterday with heavy rain which eliminated most of the snow. Unfortunately all the dirt roads which had been firming up nicely have returned to their footpeg-deep mud status. Farmland in the lower lying areas is flooded, and a few roads at stream crossings are under water. A messy time of year!

Pete

Back