• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's the Weather like where you are today?

Hope water lines are deep enough for those temps.

Do those temps bother your water collection system?

They may not be if ground continues to chill!
The tanks seem to be ok at moment but keeping eye on them regularly. The incoming cold water is truly cold right now. Have pumps insulated and heated but can’t drip or will lose a lot of stored
water

The storm surge has been pounding in for days. Thankfully the beach doesn't seem to be getting hit too hard.

the video does not want to transfer easily
[video]https://photos.smugmug.com/More-random/n-RwwH3T/Stuff/i-ZnD6Wcg/0/67782e6e/640/IMG_4149-640.mp4[/video]

Here in the Big Bend, 30 miles from Mexico it is currently 23 degrees headed to a low of 9 degrees, with 25 mph winds and it is snowing. It was 80 degrees a week ago. :scratch

At 7am et near the Daytona Speedway: 70f
High today 77-80F... but expecting Heavy TSTM's at 2pm in the area and storm's/rain continues most all afternoon/eve in the region.

Doesn't look good at all for the Daytona 500 today. Tomorrow postponement not much better.

February in Central Florida usually brings most of two things:
Beautiful Weather with clear sky's & mostly cool (55-80f)... Or warm'ish and wet; and today's that day.

Just checked and there was light snow falling on the track!:huh

Our local forecast:

Description
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM MONDAY TO 4 PM EST TUESDAY...

WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches.

WHERE...Northern Oneida, Yates, Seneca, Southern Cayuga, Onondaga, Steuben, Schuyler, Tompkins, Madison, Southern Oneida and Cortland counties.

WHEN...From 10 AM Monday to 4 PM EST Tuesday. The heaviest snow will be from late Monday night into Tuesday morning.

IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the Tuesday morning commute.

Like Barbados in a Mini Moke, otherwise know as a glorified golf cart.

Sunny and nice here above freezing.

This is the snow we received Friday and Saturday. No snow Sunday, but several more inches expected over the next few days. This is the most snow we've had is six years. :banghead

Attachments

• P2130154_resize.JPG
    P2130154_resize.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 45
-21 F here this morning, it was -24 F yesterday. We may see above 0 today, or maybe not.

Sun is out bright, no clouds, but it's dang cold.

I was going to complain about our 12F but looking at our more northern members I will note it and not complain. Nearby folks are discussing frozen water pipes. I am pretty sure that 1/2" and 3/4" PVC pipe fittings will be in short supply around here just like 2011. Back then most stores in south Texas ran out of most fittings. Most electric systems in Texas have gone to rolling blackouts due to the high electrical load for heating. Our propane heat is doing fine. :)

I was going to complain about our 12F but looking at our more northern members I will note it and not complain. Nearby folks are discussing frozen water pipes. I am pretty sure that 1/2" and 3/4" PVC pipe fittings will be in short supply around here just like 2011. Back then most stores in south Texas ran out of most fittings. Most electric systems in Texas have gone to rolling blackouts due to the high electrical load for heating. Our propane heat is doing fine. :)

It was 6 degrees at 6:00 a.m. this morning on top of this hill in Kerrville. I suspect that when things (water pipes, and engine blocks) start thawing out in the next few days the U.S. will realize billions of dollars in damages to homes, autos, etc.

No electrical outages here yet, thank goodness. I have a brother that lives in Houston that said he had two rolling blackouts for short periods of time last night.

E.

-2F here, real feel -11F, in the Northern Black Hills on our way to +15F by 4:00 PM "they" say.
Wind warning expires in 45 minutes :)

Only about 6" of light fluffy white stuff on the lawn, my driveway is clear.

Looks cold for the rest of the month, glad I got my February ride in early.

2" of fresh snow fell this morning in northeast Ohio. The next, heavier, round of snow will probably start here about 5:00 pm and dump an additional 8" on us. February 2021 might be the first month since March 2019 that I don't notch a ride.

Back