• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ways to lower a F800R for short people??

robind

I recently bought a 2015 F800R and am tippy toed on the bike. It has a normal seat on it- was thinking about getting the low seat to lower the bike. Has anyone gone from regular to low, and did it help? I'm 5'4". Are there other ways to lower this bike? thanks!!

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new bike:wave

The saddle swap is the cheapest.Maybe your dealer will let you try one...if they have one anyways.

Other options are lowered shock absorbers from one of about 4 vendors.
Know men and women who have added thicker soles to their riding boots as well.
Post a pic over in F-Twins of the new ride

Not sure if this is available for the F800R, but for the F800GS HyperPro makes lowering kits that will drop the height by up to 50mm. Recommend you contact EPM Performance Imports (http://epmperf.com) and talk to Klaus about availability for your bike. The GS kits consist of new front springs and fork oil and a new rear spring to be used on the OEM shock. You can also probably lower the front end up to an inch by sliding the forks in the clamps, but I'd talk to a suspension expert like Klaus before doing so.

Another resource for finding out options is Ted Porter at the BeemerShop (http://beemershop.com).

Before buying a lower seat I recommend you do all that you can to test one for as long as possible. Many riders find them quite uncomfortable.

Congratulations and good luck.

Last edited:
Back