• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vintage Motorcycle Days

Fritzc

Update!!

BMWTCD Presents: Vintage Motorcycle Days

August 14 and 15, 2010 Grounds open daily at 9:00 AM
At Jim Reinert's Farm
5105 W. Grand River Rd.
Owosso Mi 48867
(Northeast of Lansing MI)
GPS coordinates: N42 53.134 W84 15.671

Click here to download an event flyer (.PDF format).

More Details

a.. This event is open to everyone. No cost to attend or show your vintage motorcycles. This will be a non-judged show. All brands are welcome.

b.. Preregistering show motorcycles is not required but encouraged to reserve a space. Email your name, motorcycle specifics and picture to: vintagemotorcycledays@gmail.com

c.. Free onsite camping available to everyone on a first come bases. Sleepy Hollow State campground (517) 651-6217 and hotels in Owosso are nearby lodging alternatives.

d.. Feel free to post questions here and check back regularly. You can also call Jim Reinert directly if you have any unique or special needs. Call Jim at (517) 651-6427.

e.. Volunteers are needed to help set up, traffic management, registration, etc. If interested please send an email to vintagemotorcycledays@gmail.com

f.. Bring out your vintage stuff. Invite your friends. This will be a great party.

Harry and Jim

Tentative Schedule

Vintage Motorcycle Days

8:30 AM Breakfast Ride (Sunday only)

9:00 AM Registration opens

9:30 AM Sidecar rides sign up at registration table

10:00 AM Restoration Tech Session

11:00 AM Lunch Ride Departs

12:00 Noon Lunch (join the ride or spread your picnic blanket)

3:00 PM Restoration Tech Session

4: 00 PM Field Events

6:00 PM Dinner Ride (Saturday only)

9:00 PM Event over except camping

10:00PM Quiet time

Bring your vintage motorcycle out to share with everyone. All brands are welcome to participate in this non-judged show. You are also welcome even if you don't have one but enjoy them. Spend the day or the weekend. Short on time? Bring the family, a picnic basket and enjoy a day in the country? We will have some organized activities including motorcycle sidecar rides, field events and technical sessions.

There will be organized Lunch Rides both days, a Saturday evening Dinner Ride and a Sunday morning Breakfast Ride to local restaurants. Look for details on the message board at the registration table. You are more than welcome to bring your own food and spread out a picnic blanket. Port-A-John and showers will be available. Showing your motorcycle, attending the event and overnight camping is all free.
:clap:nyah:groovy

I will be making the trip down on Sat early am:clap...I will have to leave for the trip home by 4:30 though...working that eve.

Vintage cycle show in Michigan

Update!!

BMWTCD Presents: Vintage Motorcycle Days

August 14 and 15, 2010 Grounds open daily at 9:00 AM
At Jim Reinert's Farm
5105 W. Grand River Rd.
Owosso Mi 48867
(Northeast of Lansing MI)
GPS coordinates: N42 53.134 W84 15.671

Click here to download an event flyer (.PDF format).

More Details

a.. This event is open to everyone. No cost to attend or show your vintage motorcycles. This will be a non-judged show. All brands are welcome.

b.. Preregistering show motorcycles is not required but encouraged to reserve a space. Email your name, motorcycle specifics and picture to: vintagemotorcycledays@gmail.com

c.. Free onsite camping available to everyone on a first come bases. Sleepy Hollow State campground (517) 651-6217 and hotels in Owosso are nearby lodging alternatives.

d.. Feel free to post questions here and check back regularly. You can also call Jim Reinert directly if you have any unique or special needs. Call Jim at (517) 651-6427.

e.. Volunteers are needed to help set up, traffic management, registration, etc. If interested please send an email to vintagemotorcycledays@gmail.com

f.. Bring out your vintage stuff. Invite your friends. This will be a great party.

Harry and Jim

Tentative Schedule

Vintage Motorcycle Days

8:30 AM Breakfast Ride (Sunday only)

9:00 AM Registration opens

9:30 AM Sidecar rides sign up at registration table

10:00 AM Restoration Tech Session

11:00 AM Lunch Ride Departs

12:00 Noon Lunch (join the ride or spread your picnic blanket)

3:00 PM Restoration Tech Session

4: 00 PM Field Events

6:00 PM Dinner Ride (Saturday only)

9:00 PM Event over except camping

10:00PM Quiet time

Bring your vintage motorcycle out to share with everyone. All brands are welcome to participate in this non-judged show. You are also welcome even if you don't have one but enjoy them. Spend the day or the weekend. Short on time? Bring the family, a picnic basket and enjoy a day in the country? We will have some organized activities including motorcycle sidecar rides, field events and technical sessions.

There will be organized Lunch Rides both days, a Saturday evening Dinner Ride and a Sunday morning Breakfast Ride to local restaurants. Look for details on the message board at the registration table. You are more than welcome to bring your own food and spread out a picnic blanket. Port-A-John and showers will be available. Showing your motorcycle, attending the event and overnight camping is all free.
:clap:nyah:groovy

Be there or be square!!!!

I'm a noob, but I'll be there. Probably on Saturday.

I don't have a vintage boxer yet, but I do own an old Honda (it doesn't run well enough yet to make the trip this year). I can't wait to see some old Airheads though. I've got a soft spot for sidecar rigs too.

I hope the weather forcast changes. Cadillac's TV 9&10 is predicting "severe storms" for Saturday. NOAA shows storms for both Cadillac and Owosso. I do not relish the thought of riding 350+ miles round trip in severe weather.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Great doings!

I was out at Jim's this afternoon. A member of our club brought an old Zunndap and a Universal (Swiss made boxer twin) Beautiful bikes. Chicago Vintage club called and said they would be there. Grand River Road is posted for "Chip Seal" process. You know, tar then loose gravel over the top. Bad Karma! I personally know a couple of guys on the Road Commission and was promised they will work on other projects until next week so the road work should not be a problem. Things are shaping up for a good time.:wave:dance
The showers are crude but effective. The fire pit is ready, the yard and camping area are mowed. Should be fun!
If you live in Northern Ohio, Ill. Ind. or southern Michigan and nothing to do this weekend drop in!!

Vintage Motorcycle show!

There will be signs on Grand River Rd. warning "work Zone" and loose stone. The county is preparing to "Chip Seal" the road. That is to spread tar then crushed limestone over and letting traffic pack it down. Common in these austere budget times. I called one of the road commissioners and he promised me that they would work on other projects and not start on Grand River Rd. until next week. The signage will be there but no loose stone. Be careful in any case as my influence is limited somewhat.
As far as I am concerned that type of road repair is very dangerous for cycles because of the ridge of loose stone between Automobile tracks on the road. Jim had no idea this was to occur at this time. Hopefully my friend on the road commission is true to his word.

http://hcichipseal.com/

Rousing Success!

:dance
The show was a success in spite of threatening skies Sat. and Sunday. Lots of airhead BMW's Nortons, Ratiers, a Matchless, Velocette, a sprinkling of Harleys, Triumphs, Ducatis a Zundapp, a Swiss made Universal and Penton(?). Lots of chatter, sidecar rides by host Jim Reinert, slow races, lunch and breakfast rides, and campfire at night for those who stayed the night. Sunday, more of the same.
Must have been fifty vintage bikes there plus a lot of neat spectator bikes.
Oops! The biggest oohs and aahs were for a beautifully restored Vincent RIDDEN to the rally by the owner. I thought Vincents were only transported in enclosed trailers.:dunno

And good work on the Road Commission, Fritz. They didn't start the repaving process until after the weekend!

Hey!

I showed up in my Buick and enjoyed looking at everyone's bikes. Was sad my RT ain't working yet. Talked to very few then left. The president is a cool guy.

I get shy around official looking people in BMOA garb and hope you sold all your shirts to those guys. They scared me off just on principal. :brow

Anyway. Maybe next year after I fix:

Die Maschine
P1010360.jpg

HH

Back