• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vario case liners

I can't comment on other options as I went the distance and purchased liners with the panniers when I ordered the bike. It seems to hurt the hip pocket less in one big number rather than lots of medium sized ones.

But to the point, I love the BMW ones. The only issue I had was that they are such a perfect fit in the panniers that the heads on some of the screws inside the panniers rub on the textile of the bags and were starting to damage the liners.
I addressed this using some little black plastic screw caps (like you may see on some workshop hardware) and they are now perfect.

I like the BMW liners because they are an exact fit and are relatively stiff liners. This means when I'm packing for a trip, I know exactly how much I can squeeze into them and still be able to close the pannier lids easily. The liners expand to match the panniers too when you need that little extra space.

I hope you find the ones that suit you.

Looking at your links. It looks like a pair of BMW bags are $120, Kathy's are $119, and Touretech are $200. I think i would go with the Beemer set myself. I have no first hand knowledge of any of them. Just my $0.02.

Liner Options

The ones on offer from Sierra, RKA are very well made (in the USA), and are available in custom colours. I have a set for my F800GT and my husband was so impressed with them that he got a set for his '15 RT.

We had Kathy's for our previous bikes - mine went with the bike when I sold it. They're an excellent American made product, too.

Of course, once you've settled on what you'd like, be sure to scour the Flea Market areas on the various bike forums. You might be surprised at what you can find!

Looking at your links. It looks like a pair of BMW bags are $120, Kathy's are $119, and Touretech are $200. I think i would go with the Beemer set myself. I have no first hand knowledge of any of them. Just my $0.02.

If I am reading the various web pages correctly, the BMW liners are $145 each, the Touratech are $100 each, and the RKA and Kathey's bags are $120 for both.

Cheers, Ken

If I am reading the various web pages correctly, the BMW liners are $145 each, the Touratech are $100 each, and the RKA and Kathey's bags are $120 for both.

Cheers, Ken

This is right off the Sierra BMW web page. I believe it says "set" which would infer more than one bag. Price $120... I'm pretty sure I am reading that correct. However please correct me if I am mistaken.

Justin

Product Description

Destination RKA has been around since 1985 making the best luggage we possibly can, with the best functionality, best possible materials and the most pleasing to the eye.

These bags have an adjustable shoulder strap, and you will be proud to carry this bag into any hotel.
Each bag is also perfect for an airline carry-on bag.
The pipe side liner bag measures 14.5"l x 11.5"h, and 5.5"d - Expands to 8.d" full size compartment.
The larger liner bag measures 14.5"l x 11.5"h x 7.5"d - Expands to 10.5"d full size compartment.
These bags use ALL the possible space in your bag.
You get a Perfect fit!!
Adjustable shoulder strap, double YKK zippers.
All liners are made out of a 600 x 300 Denier Polyester Vinyl Laminated PVC, diamond embossed material.
All zippers are YKK and inserts are 60th ABS (Plastic) or polystyrene in Bottom.

Fits Vario saddlebags on R1200GS WC (13-) and R1200GS.

Lifetime Warranty!

RKA R1200GS Vario Bag Liner Set
Produced by RKA of USA

I can't comment on other options as I went the distance and purchased liners with the panniers when I ordered the bike. It seems to hurt the hip pocket less in one big number rather than lots of medium sized ones.

But to the point, I love the BMW ones. The only issue I had was that they are such a perfect fit in the panniers that the heads on some of the screws inside the panniers rub on the textile of the bags and were starting to damage the liners.
I addressed this using some little black plastic screw caps (like you may see on some workshop hardware) and they are now perfect.

I like the BMW liners because they are an exact fit and are relatively stiff liners. This means when I'm packing for a trip, I know exactly how much I can squeeze into them and still be able to close the pannier lids easily. The liners expand to match the panniers too when you need that little extra space.

I hope you find the ones that suit you.

Just got my Vario's and liners, do you mind sharing a pic or which screws were doing the problem in the side and top case so I don't have to wait for wear to show lol :D thank's

Back