• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Van Wall Powersports in Indianola

lee

Debbie's Servant
I was out yesterday visiting dealers to give them posters and info on the Free Gears rider training during the rally.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/general/custom.asp?page=GEARS

One stop was Van Wall Powersports in Indianola.
While visiting about the rally they told me they would have a oil change special during the rally and would have a shuttle running between the fairgrounds and the shop.
If you needed service or a repair and did not want to wait at the shop they could run you back to the fairgrounds and pick you latter in the day.
The shop is approx 20 miles south of the fairgrounds.
They also plan to be open Sunday until noon or 1:00 if anyone needs a emergency repair.
https://www.vanwallpowersports.com/

They will have a booth in the Vendor building if you need to talk to them.

Also Indianola has 3 nice motels. My daughter lives there, the one I use is the Appletree. No pool, basic clean room, older motel, decent motel breakfast. They are always good to me. No affiliation. If they are not full, they often will deal, at least they deal with me, but they know I will be back again and again.

Nothing fancy, but if you are doing the rally right, you will only be in there to sleep. If you are leaving to the south, it is 15 miles or so as the crow flies closer to home for Sunday morning.

Rod

Van Wall Update

I was in the dealership on Monday and they mentioned that their BMW tech's last day was Friday, 29 June and at this point don't know if they'll be able to commit to the oil changes and Sunday schedule. May be an option but definitely don't count on it without checking first.

I was in the dealership on Monday and they mentioned that their BMW tech's last day was Friday, 29 June and at this point don't know if they'll be able to commit to the oil changes and Sunday schedule. May be an option but definitely don't count on it without checking first.

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
I was out yesterday placing motorcycle Awareness yard signs and stopped at the Indianola shop.
I asked about the Tech leaving and I was told he is on vacation now and will be back before the rally starts.
At this point they are still planning to be available for service during the rally.

The shop called me this morning and asked me to post the info on the forum.

VanWall

I was at the dealership 7-6-18 Friday. Tech was on duty and working. Must have been a miscommunication.

Back