• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Two bikes, neither working

R

radan2

My 07 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 burned out its voltage regulator two weeks ago. Since then, the warehouse has sent two new ones, both wrong for the bike.

So I took advantage of a deal to buy a 89 R100GS, figuring that way I would always have a bike to ride.

To get a license for it, it needed a new state inspection. The left turn signals did not work, making a quick clicking sound. I thought it was a bad bulb (or 2 bad bulbs), but wiggling the switch would cause the signals to work for a few seconds. When we opened the left-hand switch unit, we discovered that it was shot: the wires had broken, and it wasn't repairable. I've ordered a new one, and it should be here in a few days.

So I own two bikes, and have no bikes to ride. :banghead

Gloom, despair, and agony on me!
Deep dark depression, excessive misery!
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me!
:violin

Good luck

My two favorite bikes are airhead BMWs and Moto Guzzi's. Sorry, I cannot feel sorry for you. But, I hope you get the bikes running soon. This is still the best riding weather we have had all year in St. Louis. :german

Now, now... you must live in a police state.... you can ride a bike her in the Carolina's without a plate for 45 days, as long as you have all the paperwork and insurance on it.... It will take time to pay property tax and then go to the DMV... Maybe the reason we have all the problems is that we no longer have inspections, so you register a bike and get a plate for the bike although the turn signals don't work... Besides, turn signals are not mandatory anyway. I would ride it here anyway... but then again I am an Airhead!

Love both bikes you have!!!

To offer sympathy, I'm going to pretend like I've never ridden;
without a motorcycle license,
without a motorcycle permit,
without working blinkers,
without a headlight,
on expired places,
etc.

:ha

At least you can sit on them and make "vrooom-vroom" noises :laugh

The GS is better for that than the Breva, which doesn't have a centerstand.

Both of them get great gas mileage when I sit on them and go "vroom, vroom.":brad

I'm having a hard time feeling any sympathy for someone who owns a Breva 750 and an R100GS ....:dunno

I'm having a hard time feeling any sympathy for someone who owns a Breva 750 and an R100GS ....:dunno

That's OK. I can feel sorry enough for myself for all the rest of you. The weather is gorgeous, I have some free time, but NO MOTORCYCLE! :cry

That's OK. I can feel sorry enough for myself for all the rest of you. The weather is gorgeous, I have some free time, but NO MOTORCYCLE! :cry

The weather here is great too today. I just got home from a nice 4-hour ride on my Motorsport. I took it instead of the Triumph Scrambler that sits next to it because I just wanted to. It sure runs sweet. :dance

The weather here is great too today. I just got home from a nice 4-hour ride on my Motorsport. I took it instead of the Triumph Scrambler that sits next to it because I just wanted to. It sure runs sweet. :dance

You are a very cruel person.:bluduh

Back