• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Traded my 13 K16GT for an 18 RT...

desmoderek

MotoDruid
...and I'm very happy. I rode the bike home earlier this week and it's going in for the first service Saturday. Having had a 15 1200GS I'm familiar with the water boxer and all the bells and whistles, but the RT is in a class of it's own as far as wind protection and comfort, even with the short sport screen there's no buffeting. As for weight, the RT is sooo much easier to move about given my 30" legs and I'm happy with the seat which I know will soften up soon.

IMHO, the R1200RT is the finest road motorcycle on the planet.

Attachments

• 15 and 17.jpg
    15 and 17.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 190
Downsizing

I, too, traded my ‘14 Exclusive for a R 1250 RT. Much easier to move around as I am well into my 70s and am looking forward to years of riding. The K16 was just a bit much on two or three week trips with the mrs and luggage. Since it has been cold over the past two weeks, my riding time is almost non-existent, but the sun will shine again. Won’t it?

Thinking of making a change but going the other way. I love my 16 RT but at nearly 76 (knees are no longer what they used to be) I have decided that any new bike needs to be lighter than the RT. Since I no longer take long trips I expect I could get along just fine with a new 1250 GSA which is roughly 100 pounds lighter. :)

I, too, traded my ‘14 Exclusive for a R 1250 RT. Much easier to move around as I am well into my 70s and am looking forward to years of riding. The K16 was just a bit much on two or three week trips with the mrs and luggage. Since it has been cold over the past two weeks, my riding time is almost non-existent, but the sun will shine again. Won’t it?

If we are lucky, we live into our 70s. I am 78 and my R1200RTs ("Big Red" and "Big Blue") are still wonderful bikes. But they may be my last large BMWs. The new R1250RT "planet blue metallic" Option 719 model (photo below) is beautiful, but I do not need one. And my R60/2s are lighter.

Attachments

• right froint 500.jpg
    right froint 500.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Back