• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Greg regarding Idaho's response. As with other states, the vaccine supply has been limited but they have a plan to deliver it and they're following it. Just need to be vigilant until our opportunity comes, and it will. Stay well and ride easy,
gp

Looks like a lot of people yelling and screaming at at football games....probably won’t be that big a contagion 😷 site :scratch
OM

Iowa gets 19,500 a week now.
2nd week of February that goes up to 20,000 per week, then an additional 10,000 each week after that until March.
The article said it's possible Biden could change these numbers.

Michigan reports it is doing 29,000 vaccinations per day and could do 50,000 per day if they had the vaccines. They just mobilized another 300 from the National Guard to assist. They are opening in restaurant dining on 1 February at 25% capacity with other restrictions on numbers. Many of our local restaurants have shifted to outside dining which is a little tricky this time of year. Dress like your going ice fishing. One place had two walls with roll up doors for summer dining. Health department said they needed three open walls. They knocked the third wall down, put in a roll up door.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Rumor is that Montana is turning the vaccination process over to the ranchers. They regularly vaccinate hundreds, sometimes thousands of cattle at a time. The advantages of this is that the ranchers already have the pens to hold people, the electric prods to keep the line moving and the pneumatic body holds to deal with the non-compliant. As a side benifit they can brand people to prove they have been vaccinated. Imagine how trendy having a Rocking Y brand on your chest would be. Brilliance, sheer brilliance.

I love it! Can't be much worse than what is *not* happening now. :brow

I agree with Greg regarding Idaho's response. As with other states, the vaccine supply has been limited but they have a plan to deliver it and they're following it. Just need to be vigilant until our opportunity comes, and it will. Stay well and ride easy,
gp

:thumb

I'm reading lots about the vaccine, the holy grail to this mess but it looks like to me that if we are to prevail, consideration and kindness to others and being equipped with clean masks (don't wear a dirty mask) along with sanitizing routinely is the only chance the vaccine has to succeed.

Still unknown how long the vaccine is effective after the second shot. Research has at 6 months effectiveness right now.

I'm reading lots about the vaccine, the holy grail to this mess but it looks like to me that if we are to prevail, consideration and kindness to others and being equipped with clean masks (don't wear a dirty mask) along with sanitizing routinely is the only chance the vaccine has to succeed.

Still unknown how long the vaccine is effective after the second shot. Research has at 6 months effectiveness right now.

Good advice. I don't plan on changing my routine from the last year. I've had one shot and an appointment for the next (fingers crossed). For the foreseeable future, it's masks, wipes, gel and see you in the Fall.

Doug

Rumor is that Montana is turning the vaccination process over to the ranchers. They regularly vaccinate hundreds, sometimes thousands of cattle at a time. The advantages of this is that the ranchers already have the pens to hold people, the electric prods to keep the line moving and the pneumatic body holds to deal with the non-compliant. As a side benifit they can brand people to prove they have been vaccinated. Imagine how trendy having a Rocking Y brand on your chest would be. Brilliance, sheer brilliance.

A fellow MOA member and friend pointed out to me that his son is a rancher. He says this is normally a three step process:

1) Vaccination

2) Branding

3) Castration

There are multiple approaches to ranching that I've observed. The ranch that is adjacent to our southern property line has a herd of cattle of around 300-350 and a buffalo herd of 100-120. His cattle herd is all heifers. He brings in bulls to do their work and calving is in February and March. He sells off most of the calves, but keeps enough to replace the older heifers that are no longer suited for breeding and are sent to market. The calves are sold when they are weened and vaccinated and when the market is as good as he thinks he can get. Not sure how he manages the buffalo, but it appears he keeps bulls. I have a riding buddy who ranches as well. He is also a hay farmer as are many ranchers in Montana. They must supplement the cattle's feed for six months and it is cheaper to grow it than buy it. My friend buys heifer calves of 500 weight in the fall and feeds them all winter and sells them in April or so. I've helped him brand, dip and vaccinate, and he does it all at one time. No castration required since he only has heifers. He sells more hay than he uses for his cattle. My SIL's family has three large herds spread across three states, each around 700-800 head, He breeds and sells some directly to retail chains and others he sells on the market as cow and calf pairs. I've been to a few cattle sales and the bussiness is tough and risky. The small buyer/seller can get run over by the big buyers who can lock up just about all the beef if they want.

Last edited:
Some VA designated family caregivers may also be able to get a COVID-19
vaccine at VA. Vaccinating caregivers helps us support and protect Veterans.
For a caregiver to be eligible for a vaccine, both of these must be true:
• The caregiver must be enrolled in our Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC), and
• The Veteran they care for must be currently eligible for a vaccine based on VA and CDC risk criteria.
If you’re an eligible caregiver, we’ll tell you if you can get a vaccine when we invite the Veteran to get one. You can sign up to receive email updates along with the Veteran.

I saw this in a VA email today and recalled a post inquiring about Care Giver vaccinations at the VA but I can't find the post to attach this reply to.

Here is a consideration-
Have a look at the GameStop stock phenomenon........and the possibilities of rearranging Wall Street.
The weirdness continues.
OM

Here is a consideration-
Have a look at the GameStop stock phenomenon........and the possibilities of rearranging Wall Street.
The weirdness continues.
OM

A millennial "power to the people" play. Hedge fund managers aren't sleeping very well.

Here is a consideration-
The weirdness continues.
OM

Will/Has certainly negatively affected many of those who produce nothing but make millions doing it.

And those who contribute to their pension plans which have taken a hit.

Wait....aren’t those pension plans supposedly run by wicked smart people? I’ll bet they are not taking a (personal) risk.

Being able to talk a dog off a meat wagon never made me impressed with a money manager.

OM

Wait....aren’t those pension plans supposedly run by wicked smart people? I’ll bet they are not taking a (personal) risk.

Being able to talk a dog off a meat wagon never made me impressed with a money manager.

OM

My point was that although there is a significant disconnect between the stock market and the US economy, millions of people who think they are not invested "in" the stock market really are through their pension plans, 401(k)s, and other retirement accounts.

My point was that although there is a significant disconnect between the stock market and the US economy, millions of people who think they are not invested "in" the stock market really are through their pension plans, 401(k)s, and other retirement accounts.

:thumb
It appears that a whole new segment of investors are finding a way to “end run” the old guard.
I see more and more examples during this goofy time in our history that people that were in charge of things/conditions/events were not prepared when cruise control crapped out :eek
As always, YMMV.
OM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back