• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am forbidden by Forum rules to say here what I really think about silencing scientists and scholars.

+1

No one person, or government, but all of us (especially scientists and the medical professionals) acting with respect for others will solve this crisis.

Unfortunately, in Kerr County we have to work on the respect angle. But for the sparse population we'd have a serious problem.

I was in HEB yesterday and couldn't keep count of the number of people who were not social distancing, wearing masks or gloves.

https://dailytimes.com/promotions/article_161662dc-7c0e-11ea-bfe1-4fcf9bd78eb3.html

E.

I'm in self isolation for 2 weeks with over 100 other people in this hotel waiting to go on a 4 week job offshore at Sable Island. We're on day 3 and having a friend close by who's a beer distributor helps.:)
IMG_2828_heic-L.jpg

During my morning walk, I went past the YMCA where the fine folks of the YMCA were operating a food bank. They offered me free food.

Other than noting their generosity, I'm not sure there's any positive take-away from being offered free food.

Other than noting their generosity, I'm not sure there's any positive take-away from being offered free food.

Unless of course you are one of the millions of US citizens who go hungry many days. We have school districts using their school bus fleets to deliver lunches and sometimes breakfasts to children who would otherwise go hungry. They would be more than happy to walk past a "Y" and get some food to eat.

Unless of course you are one of the millions of US citizens who go hungry many days. We have school districts using their school bus fleets to deliver lunches and sometimes breakfasts to children who would otherwise go hungry. They would be more than happy to walk past a "Y" and get some food to eat.

But having someone look at you and think you need free food.............is a bit unusual for me. Kinda never happened before.

Sadly, around the block from the "Y" is one of those Dollar stores. The folks coming and going from the Dollar store would have been better off picking up food at the "Y".

My spouse and I have been talking about the stimulus checks soon to arrive. We're retired, not wealthy, but have all we need. We've decided rather than treating it like a bonus, a gift or a lottery win, we're going to pass it on to someone who needs it. Plenty of folks living paycheck to paycheck, that have missed a few. I encourage my fellow riders to think about this opportunity to do a good thing.
Ride easy,
gp

My spouse and I have been talking about the stimulus checks soon to arrive. We're retired, not wealthy, but have all we need. We've decided rather than treating it like a bonus, a gift or a lottery win, we're going to pass it on to someone who needs it. Plenty of folks living paycheck to paycheck, that have missed a few. I encourage my fellow riders to think about this opportunity to do a good thing.
Ride easy,
gp

We already gave half of ours to the local food bank. We are looking for other ways to give the other half where it will do the most good.

As someone mentioned, covid19 is a huge learning opportunity. Up here we have 79 deaths attributed to covid19. Of which 60%+ from nursing/assisted living homes. 87 being the median age. Most had compromised medical conditions such as, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, kidney/pulmonary problems, Parkinson's, MS, obesity, existing medical conditions. The whole ranged from age 57 to 100.

What can I learn? Well, me and my SO are in the that grouping. So SIP is reality for awhile. I have to get to the park soon and start my cycling regimen. Have to continue masking anywhere in public, however, I haven't gone out for weeks. Have to stay in shape, watch weight, remain active in mind and body, maintain positive, optimism. Happiness is a state of mind. We determine to be happy. Or not. Reality also has to be acknowledged, in perspective. What can we learn?

As this problem seems generally to be morphing into a political battle, that too needs to be watched. Happy doesn't mean head in sand. Just sayin. FWIW. Tips.

What about motorcycle insurance company, not the same company as my autos ?

From my knowledge of how insurance companies rate bike insurance, they factor in a seasonal variation in mileage, rather than a constant and predictable mileage month in and out like cars. Some bike policies will give a winter discount, and some may adjust their rates based on your latitude (imputing seasonal mileage variations such as a longer riding season in the southern tier, etc.), but most are a black box which costs you $X. So, given that I suspect much of the motivation for these credits was to look socially responsible, I wouldn't hold my breath for a bike policy discount. Just sayin' :brow

I've seen a couple reports where insurance companies are refusing to pay out on business interruption insurance.
I wish the insurance companies would skip these small car insurance credits and pay all the business interruption claims.

I think State Farm is paying out two billion in credits and I probably wont notice my $30 credit.
Two billion would be better spent helping businesses.

If you heat your place with home heating oil, it’s probably a good time to shop for a fill up.
OM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back