• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of selling....

ebeeby

I just can't spread myself around enough to ride/drive all the stuff I have. So I'm thinking of selling my pristine '71 R50/5. I thought I would ask what the consensus on where is the best place to advertise. I'm thinking ebay. Thoughts?

If you are a "member", there is a flea market and a very active airheads area of ADVRiders... under "old skool".

The old skool section has a bunch of folks with various BMW Rbikes, tend to be a lot of 100GS bikes, but also an awful lot of /5, /6,/7 riders as well. If you are not familiar with ADVRiders, it is an interesting world over there, some of pretty nutso, but a bunch of good guys who know their stuff, and they appreciate classic bikes.

Link to old skool: http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

The other place that comes to mind would be the 5united site:
http://www.5united.net/

You should be able to find somebody out there.... In my own experience, eBay can be hit or miss. You might find someone willing to pay top dollar, but then you never know if it will really come through... my own experience has been good, but there are a lot of "sales" that end up going back on the auction block. Just go in with your eyes open.

I worked up a fleabay listing today to start on the 28th. It'll start at $2,500 with a buy it now of $5,500.

(what's all that gasping I hear....?)

I've used IBMWRmarketplace in the past, but have had lots of scammer responses when selling. I also suspect it may be abused as a resource for junk mail senders (the ones who like to use your first name in their subject line).

Back