• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The true meaning of "Road Cookies", should be an official definition.

dieselyoda

Out for a rare fall ride today as the weather was looking to start closing in. I was way back in the group just letting the brain wander. At lunch I mentioned that approaching the one bridge the "road cookies" were pretty horrific. "It's against the law to leave road cookies, they need to be cleaned up."

I meant, the plops of mud left behind on the tarmac that turn to crumbles and squirt out from tires throwing rocks and such and general instability. Similar to cow patties but made of mud on the pavement.

One guy states that "road cookies" are the cookies in plastic wraps found at convenience centres while another said they were do-nuts when you needed a sugar fix. One expert weighed in and said they were fast food burgers.

Here we are now, need an official definition so I can tell Google!

Cookies are still better than road patties... you know the gift that cattle provide us.

We also have the open range with county or state roads crossing thru them. Avoid riding after sunset, but amazed how many cow cookies are left overnight on the next mornings ride. Sometimes so many, I feel bad for my trailing riding partner if she is a bit too close:laugh

Gee, here I am well into my dotage and I have never heard the term "road cookies." How can that be?

It may be a local thing. I have not either. We do have the road apples (horse poop), pavement pizza (greasy flattened animals) and raccoon balloons.

It's not a local thing, I think but it could be which makes Canuck unique!

It may be a local thing. I have not either. We do have the road apples (horse poop), pavement pizza (greasy flattened animals) and raccoon balloons.

Road cookies??? Never heard of it?? How about a "tweeter"??

Cookies, Biskets or Just Plain Crabs

During mating season the land crabs on what is known as the 18 mile stretch between Florida City and Key Largo, FL have this obsession that they have to cross US 1, needless to say they don't all make it. It not only smells bad it can be slippery and lumpy. Crab bisque anyone???

Excuse me, but this is a quasi-family show..........

A tweeter is a hockey stick that makes a tweet sound when the shot is perfect. It's not a sound one makes in the bar after eating nachos with cold beer. We have another word for that and keeping the spirit that this is a family show, I will not repeat the word.

Road Cookie???? C'mon, I might be a Canuck but I can't believe that nobody has heard that before. Might be time for some of you to come to Canada and get our traditional love of our neighbours?

Oh yeah, heard of Road Cookies for sure. Nothing like running the first 10 minutes of drizzle on a section of pavement after the big trucks pull on from a working oil rig. Mud, rocks and oil make for a sphincter tightening experience. Situational awareness on two wheels has no bounds.
:eek

P.S. Logging trucks mix in fresh slimy bark to replace the oil in the mixture.

Back