• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Celebration: Our Club's 50th Anniversary in 2022 National Rally - Springfield MO!

FWIW- 'round here, "living the dream" isn't flattering- https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Living the Dream

:dunno

OM

Well ... I say the hell with the Urban Dictionary. I realize that the phrase can be used sarcastically but it can also be used to mean just what is says .. LIVING THE DREAM! But hey I am also a glass half full kind of guy too and I truly AM living the dream of owning a great touring motorcycle and traveling around this beautiful country. But as always YMMV .

Well ... I say the hell with the Urban Dictionary. I realize that the phrase can be used sarcastically but it can also be used to mean just what is says .. LIVING THE DREAM! But hey I am also a glass half full kind of guy too and I truly AM living the dream of owning a great touring motorcycle and traveling around this beautiful country. But as always YMMV .

Just trying to enlighten the crowd as to what younger (potential) riders might think when they see the phrase. I happen to hear this phrase often.....I generally don't bother to enlighten them.....I can usually surmise how their day is going. :hungover
Three generations ago, Living the Dream was pretty much exactly that. Marketing and creating excitement over a brand, event or product can be tricky.
OM

Just trying to enlighten the crowd as to what younger (potential) riders might think when they see the phrase. I happen to hear this phrase often.....I generally don't bother to enlighten them.....I can usually surmise how their day is going. :hungover
Three generations ago, Living the Dream was pretty much exactly that. Marketing and creating excitement over a brand, event or product can be tricky.
OM

Actually not sure it’s a young folks usage as I used it in a tongue in cheek manner many times throughout my career, but I’ve also used it to mean what it says. I do like the suggestion of riding the dream….. And even maybe riding the dream, 50 years and counting

It was uttered by a few of us linemen during storm restoration and sleeping short bursts in cab of truck over a three day plus period. About the time you dried out and warmed up, here comes more weather and reports of poles down :hungover

I have heard it more from a sarcastic delivery than in an all’s great tone. Still can be funny.

My particular club celebrated it's 50th anniversary 5 years ago. The T shirts were special made for the 50th. I figure we sold close to 1500 of them cause most everyone bought one to wear and one to put up for future use(members only) I did. We probably sold around the same amount of non-member 50th anniversary shirts that anyone could wear. A 50th anniversary of any club is special no matter what type of club it is. It seems like everyone would want a 50th anniversary BMWMOA shirt. Now the 50th anniversary of an individual member of said club is really special.

Well... maybe instead of an expression of our "feelings" in the catchphrase, we could stick with motorbike stuff.

BMWMOA at 50 Years
Millions of Miles... Oil Studies Continue

Absolutely the MOA will sell a TON of commemorative 50th shirts for sure. I still have my 80th BMW Motorrad shirt and my 10 years BMWST shirt. And being a T-shirt hoarder/collector I can't wait. I have over 200 t-shirts now ... about 100 worn and about equal number stored waiting for their opportunity to shine. Long sleeve for me please :dance

Absolutely the MOA will sell a TON of commemorative 50th shirts for sure. I still have my 80th BMW Motorrad shirt and my 10 years BMWST shirt. And being a T-shirt hoarder/collector I can't wait. I have over 200 t-shirts now ... about 100 worn and about equal number stored waiting for their opportunity to shine. Long sleeve for me please :dance

Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but I am not so sure that many of our club members will care. For the MOA 25th Anniversary, the club had some beautiful pewter belt buckles made and they didn't sell well at all. At the 35th Anniversary, the Owners News Editor printed a very cool book of vintage photos from the founding of the club. The last of that inventory was hauled to be recycled when the offices were moved out of St. Louis. For many years our average member tenure has been about five years. That means a lot of turnover, and I suspect that people who are in and out of a club in just five years aren't really that interested in anniversaries. I think that a big part of any celebration effort in 2022 should be in part to educate our membership about our history - to give people a reason to care, and to take pride.

Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but I am not so sure that many of our club members will care. For the MOA 25th Anniversary, the club had some beautiful pewter belt buckles made and they didn't sell well at all. At the 35th Anniversary, the Owners News Editor printed a very cool book of vintage photos from the founding of the club. The last of that inventory was hauled to be recycled when the offices were moved out of St. Louis. For many years our average member tenure has been about five years. That means a lot of turnover, and I suspect that people who are in and out of a club in just five years aren't really that interested in anniversaries. I think that a big part of any celebration effort in 2022 should be in part to educate our membership about our history - to give people a reason to care, and to take pride.

Honestly I don't think belt buckles and nice coffee table books (I got one of them and it was nice) would sell like t-shirts. Especially if you make them with a slick graphic in cool colors and maybe with a wicking type option. Oh .... and stickers ... stickers are hot and better if they are reflective.

Honestly I don't think belt buckles and nice coffee table books (I got one of them and it was nice) would sell like t-shirts. Especially if you make them with a slick graphic in cool colors and maybe with a wicking type option. Oh .... and stickers ... stickers are hot and better if they are reflective.

I do hope you are right. :brow

I think the Ambassadors should be called in to decide the shirt options… :ha

Oh, slogan.

BMW MOA
50 years of Güt Fahrt!

Or…

50 years of Motorradfahren

:burnout

I vote for wicking material instead of cotton.

What base shirt color? White (or very light colors) which would be cooler in the sun but show dirt and stains, or black (dark colors) which tends to make some graphics stand out more and doesn't show dirt?

What base shirt color? White (or very light colors) which would be cooler in the sun but show dirt and stains, or black (dark colors) which tends to make some graphics stand out more and doesn't show dirt?

Why not let people choose? Pre-order and ship to rally, or sell them as part of registration, then post coddiwompus pics while wearing shirts as they ride in?

Screen%20Shot%202021-11-29%20at%2011.12.26%20AM-L.png

Back