• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

It is a low budget movie, but has that sense of authenticity such movies often do, and it's worth reading the credits at the end.

OK ... just finished watching ... pretty interesting and with a subliminal message. And yes the credits were really neat. I wanted to write all the locations down!!

Thanks for the heads up.

So...if someone can get Scotty from Star Trek IV {the whale movie} to reprise the holding tank for the "beasties" at the beer garden, I'll spring for the mermaids. That should double sales !

MADDOG Nat rally BG Chair:drink {just not in 2021 }

So...if someone can get Scotty from Star Trek IV {the whale movie} to reprise the holding tank for the "beasties" at the beer garden, I'll spring for the mermaids. That should double sales !

WOW ... mermaids! Who needs a bikini bike wash when you have mermaids! :thumb

Great Falls isn't exactly a convention destination, so when our rather sizable band of misfits arrive in town for the better part of the week... I hope their ready.

One thing's for sure MADDOG, somebody's going to have a lot of beer sales.

So either the Mermaids from the downtown Sip'N Dip Lounge join us over at ExpoPark... or about two or three thousand beer sales will occur down the street.

THE MERMAIDS must be seen!

Rumor has it... when presented with a quality sound system, they will literally perform under a lawn sprinkler!

So just imagine... a "clear wall" blowup kid pool near your Beer Tent!

We may have just offered a solution to any MOA Budget concerns for 2021.

Montana Mermaids are surely less expensive than big name traveling bands.

Belly Dancers!

I'm here to tell you one year at the past AZ Rally in Heber, AZ the Belly Dancers brought out the crowd.

Most had crawwled into their tent when that strange horn with bells music started.

Within a few minutes there was a crowd!

Here's to the Mermaids at the National!

I'm here to tell you one year at the past AZ Rally in Heber, AZ the Belly Dancers brought out the crowd.

Most had crawwled into their tent when that strange horn with bells music started.

Within a few minutes there was a crowd!

Here's to the Mermaids at the National!

When I chaired the 2006 BMW RA rally in Boise I had Belly Dancers. :brow

Hotel Rates!

On a more serious note...

Last year our two day stay in a King Suite with river view was $290.90 at the Springhill Suites right across the street from the rally site.

The hotel did not honor our reservation for 2021, rather we were advised to cancel the 2020 reservation and make a new reservation for 2021.

This year the rate for the same room is $563.44, a Special Event rate.

We booked a King room at the Best Western for two nights for $243.76 about two months ago. It's now over $265 for the two day stay.

Some one told them we were coming...

And when the pictures appear in a subsequent edition of the Owner’s News the letters to the editor will begin. Plus at least one poster here in the forums. :brow
:uhoh

Best,
DeVern

And when the pictures appear in a subsequent edition of the Owner’s News the letters to the editor will begin. Plus at least one poster here in the forums. :brow
:uhoh

Best,
DeVern

You are probably correct, and yet "we" collectively wonder why we have so few new members under 55. Go figure. :banghead

Yes you did... and they were mesmerizing.

At the completion of their afternoon performance, they filed out... a half mile conga line of our members were in trail!

Yes you did... and they were mesmerizing.

At the completion of their afternoon performance, they filed out... a half mile conga line of our members were in trail!

That was my ex-wife's dance troupe. She and the girls performed for free at the RA Rally as a thank you for all the "rodie" work I did for them when Kathy and I were married. Worked out well.

If you have seen the movie "The Best Bar In America" you have seen the Mermaids in action (and a R60/2 side hack rig).

I never watched this before but did this evening. Sad to say I’ve been in eight of the places shown in the movie. One could hit seven of them on a day ride from the rally site, but the Jersey Lilly in Ingomar would be a stretch.

I never watched this before but did this evening. Sad to say I’ve been in eight of the places shown in the movie. One could hit seven of them on a day ride from the rally site, but the Jersey Lilly in Ingomar would be a stretch.

Yes, it looked to me that the featured bars were pretty close together, so wouldn't make up an epic cross-country bar run. But, that leaves open the opportunity to create such as route - something truly cross-country, and which should include some bars in Canada. I can remember one in Trenton...

Yes, it looked to me that the featured bars were pretty close together, so wouldn't make up an epic cross-country bar run. But, that leaves open the opportunity to create such as route - something truly cross-country, and which should include some bars in Canada. I can remember one in Trenton...

Sounds like the origin of a tour challenge. We have all spent some time in bars on road trips - I remember one near Baghdad, AZ worth revisiting. There are many others - some good ones, too. Suggest we start compiling names and locations in order to construct a route map.

Sounds like the origin of a tour challenge. We have all spent some time in bars on road trips - I remember one near Baghdad, AZ worth revisiting. There are many others - some good ones, too. Suggest we start compiling names and locations in order to construct a route map.

So thanks to this site I watched the Best Bar in America BUT ... Prime also had these other great motorcycle movies that I also watched ....

• American Dresser
  • 1000 miles Behind
  • Flying Dutchman

All were really good and has a message much like the Best Bar in America.

Thanks again for pointing me in that direction.

Back