• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

tank bag fitting

E.L. Buff

just got like new bmw tank bag, stamped on base plate is k100 rs tr k75 and so on.
I can not get the side strap clips to fit on my tank do I need something else more
then just the base . and is there a web site with how to install photos? Want to ask
people in the know before I make a mistake I can nit fix.
Thanks E.L.Buff

Hi, E.L.,
What bike do you have? I have 2 K75 tank bags and 3 K75's, and both bags will go on any of the 3 bikes. You have to make sure the clip catches on the back side of the tank seams at the bottom of the tank. If you are trying to fit it onto a K1100, it won't work. K1100 bikes use different clips, and a pair of brackets bolted onto the tank.

Bike & year

I have a k100rt 1985, it looks like the clips are not wide enough to fit over tank lip .
Thanks e.l.buff

Preliminary look at microfiche at ASCYCLES.COM shows the RT has the general tank ending in 011, and the "National Version CA" version ending in 101. The RS shows the "National Version CA" version ending in 420 and general version ending in 101. So, if that is the case, they must all be interchangeable and must essentially be the same....Unless of course you picked up a custom modified/expanded tank.

Try hooking just one side , with no pressure pulling from the other,then you can see if the hooks fit. I have 86 k100 and 87 k75 and my bag works on both, but you really have to stretch the side straps,.
Good luck and don't scratch the tank.
Brian

Back