• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank bag adapter plate

G

ggfossen

Anybody ever run into an adapter plate that would mount on the new RT rails, and also to the bottom of an older, or different, tank bag? Seems like a good idea to me. I have an old multivario with almost no use on it, and it would be nice to simply snap it onto the new RT.

Gary

Just One Suggestion

Request a catalog from www.twistedthrottle.com and see what you think of the SW Motech system.

It is a ring that attaches to your gas filler and perhaps you could adapt your existing bag to this apparatus.

I have used it on my R1200RT (with an SW Motech tank bag) and like it alot.

Good Luck!

Greenwald,

It deffinitely has possibility. I will study on it a bit more. First, though, I have to find my old bag. It's still in a box from our last move...13 years ago. Strange how time flies.

I want to look over the bottom of that bag, and see if I may be able do construct some sort of clips to mount on it that will go into the existing RT slots.

Probably won't work, but I have to give it a shot.

Thanks,

Gary

Hey ggffossen

You're welcome! Hope whatever system you work out meets your needs.

Oregon, hey?! Know a State Trooper (Dave Huibregtse) from that state. Say 'HI' if you cross paths (hopefully for all the right reasons!).

Have spent some time in Colorado (daughter lives in Castle Rock) but not Oregon. Hear it's pretty.

Ride Safe!

Greenwald,

I dug out the old tank bag, and, like, ain't no way. It's wrong in every direction. If I want a bag, I will have to buy a new one. Fortunately, I still have the old R80RT to go with the bag.

Don't know any of the troopers. Not many of the locals, either. We are somewhat isolated, and revel in our anonymity. Not much chance I will encounter him from the wrong side. No radar detectors, and no speeding tickets. Too many years with my own badge.

Retirement, by the way, is the best job I have ever had.

Gary

Jeff,

I think you're right, but I think it may be a good idea. A good solid plate that would mount into existing holes could be used to carry just about anything, including bags, GPS, whatever.

I may try to tinker up one just for...just 'cause I want to?

Gary

Ditto, ggfossen

Retirement is the best job I've ever had as well! Not sure how I had time to work, given all that I immerse myself in nowadays.

Between lots of BMW riding, MSF instructing and scuba diving, I seem to be a bit busy.

Congrats on surviving a unique career, and enjoy Oregon - someday I will visit.

Planning on an extended ride next year to my daughter in CO, as well as Gillette, so who knows?!

Ride Alert!

Back