• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tall windscreen for K1200RS?

Mama1200

Daddymakk
I own an 2003 K1200RS and after spending a great summer on it and 18,100miles I have learned to hate the factory windscreen. What success has anyone on here had with taller windscreens? Brands?
I am 6'3" so any of you other tall riders that have found a solution to the buffeting please let me know.

I own an 2003 K1200RS and after spending a great summer on it and 18,100miles I have learned to hate the factory windscreen. What success has anyone on here had with taller windscreens? Brands?
I am 6'3" so any of you other tall riders that have found a solution to the buffeting please let me know.

i'm 6'5" and put a laminar lip on my national cycle windscreen on my otherwise clean K75. works pretty well. Not only moves the fast air up over my helmet for the most part, but "calmed down the stream" for lack of a better way to put it.

I know you have different bike, and other advice might be more appropriate but this will get you started. FWIW.

I am 6', 33 inch inseam, 180 lbs. I have a Tall Aeroflow on my 2000, I assume they make a similar one for the later models. I have it in the low position most of the time as my Corbin sets me about mid point between high and low seat position of the stock seat. I put it up to high position only for freeway riding. I really like the coverage and protection. I think a tall might work for you even with your seat in the upper spot, unless you have bar backs or something to make you sit more upright. Your longer arms probably do enough of that as it is. But, it is possible a tall Aeroflow with a lip might do what you need. Just trying the tall Aeroflow will amaze you compared to stock, and is waaaay better than the 'Comfort' screen. My buddy has a Parabellum he really likes on his '04 GT with bar-backs, he is same height and inseam as me and rides with his seat in the high setting.

I am 6', 33 inch inseam, 180 lbs. I have a Tall Aeroflow on my 2000, I assume they make a similar one for the later models. I have it in the low position most of the time as my Corbin sets me about mid point between high and low seat position of the stock seat. ... But, it is possible a tall Aeroflow with a lip might do what you need. Just trying the tall Aeroflow will amaze you compared to stock, and is waaaay better than the 'Comfort' screen.
I have looked at those online but want to hear from a few riders. I too am running a Corbin seat (thank you previous owner with deep pockets!)
Currently I run the handle bars at the full back position to sit more upright. I find with the bars forward it creates too much wrist strain and discomfort at the slower revenue generating speed limits on some roads.

I (6'2") had a tall Aeroflow on my K1200Rs for a spell. I hated it, so I removed and sold it. I have tried about every windshield available for this motorcycle; the best compromise I have found is the Z-Technik tall shield.

I (6'2") had a tall Aeroflow on my K1200Rs for a spell. I hated it, so I removed and sold it. I have tried about every windshield available for this motorcycle; the best compromise I have found is the Z-Technik tall shield.
You are the first 6 ft+ person I have read saying the Aeroflow did not work.

Hi,I am 6'.2004 GT,stock screen(adjusts up and down) and laminar lip.I find that combination does what I like.In heavy rain,screen all the way up,duck behind,keeps it off my face.
The turbulence is mostly over my head with that setup.

Oddly, I like the stock windshield. When I first demoed the KRS, coming off a Concours, I thought it was a raging disaster and headed back after only about five miles. I rode an RT (didn't like that, either), went back to the KRS, and 45 miles later, I bought the bike. Even temps currently in the 20-40F range, I'm good with the stock windshield in the down position. I have a Schuberth S-1 helmet, Olympic jacket with an Aerostich heated liner, and it works out just fine.

Back