• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Strongly positioned for the Enduro competitions in 2009.

mika

Still Wondering
This is the first official release of dirt racing plans promised to be announced by BMW during the INTERMOT show. New riders have been added to the team and a continued commitment to race the G450X

BMW PressClub Germany press release translation from German to English by Google.com

BMW Motorrad Motorsport obliged
Top drivers Knight, Salminen and Tarkkala.

Munich. With a real fireworks display starts at top drivers
BMW motorcycle in the Enduro World Cup (WEC) 2009: David Knight, Juha Salminen and Marko Tarkkala strengthen the work team Motorsport BMW motorcycle. In the Season 2008 was the BMW motorcycle with the G 450 X is the first time all eight rounds this toughest off-road series in the world. For 2009, the bar still good times higher placed.
The three drivers of the extra class will be the team with years of experience, a lot of bite and great success enrich hunger.

The Briton David Knight has twice enduro world champion and twice winner of the U.S. Grand National Cross Country (GNCC). Through his victories at Erzberg Rodeo, the Enduro Indoor World Cup, Last Man Standing, Hell's Gate and other races Knight is also "the king of Extreme enduros referred.
By Juha Salminen, 17-times enduro world champion, multiple enduro champion in the USA, Germany, Spain, Australia and Finland and the Finnish and several European trial and motocross champion and Marko Tarkkala, Vizemeister the WEC 2008 in the Class E3, the team wins two further "Flying Finn" added.

In the season 2009, the BMW motorcycle factory team one of the strongest teams in the World Enduro Championship - a size, with the expected need.

The definition, which classes and competitions in increased off-road team from the drivers Anders Eriksson, Jeff Goblet and Simo Kirssi disputed will later fall. What is certain is that BMW Motorrad Motorsport in the World Enduro WEC and XCC will compete in Europe. Furthermore, on the plan in the U.S. in various streams of American GNCC series election.
True classics and offroad-tidbits will be the task of Andreas Bichler Latvians and Gerhard Forster, who in 2009 again under some demanding Extreme Enduro races at the start will go.

David Knight:
"Like any other driver also, I must of machine and convinced his team to bring best benefits them. BMW has my full confidence. On all parties come to an exciting time. With new people to cooperate with a completely new for me to start motorcycle to go and participate in its elaboration, is for me a great challenge. I do know that BMW motorcycle and I us in our commitment to nothing, and I think it's great, after my return to the WEC for BMW to start going to be. My victory will is unbroken strong, and I am sure that BMW is at least as hot a victory is like me.

Juha Salminen:
"I think everyone can see how much commitment and seriousness in his new BMW G 450 X and the WEC invested. I am very pleased at this new stage in my career. In the past two years, team and technicians made fantastic progress. Particularly fascinated me that BMW is a huge company with lots of experience, but a still young team has Enduro. I know that my proposals and my teammates will respond. That will help us all, the best of us out.
Since we are a real team work, we can extend our bikes after our own desires to develop. The upcoming season promises to be incredibly exciting. "

Marko Tarkkala:
"This new task, I am very happy. A new bike, a new team and new people - this is really exciting for me. After intensive preparatory work in the winter, I look forward to a great'09 season. His power has the BMW Motorcycle already impressively demonstrated. Therefore, I can hardly expect with this motorcycle to go into the race. I am also happy to again cooperate with Kari Tiainen. He is a good friend who always helped me. That's why I look forward to a renewed collaboration with him. "

Peter M??ller (Head of developing series and BMW motorcycle):
"We have in the Season 2008 learned a lot and the G 450 X continuously developed and improved. Our goal was to drive's podium. This goal we have achieved. Now, after the first full season in the Enduro World Cup, we are with the motorcycle arrived at a point at which everything is possible. We are confident that we can mix of drivers and motorcyclists as one of the strongest teams in the WEC 2009 for sure will stir. "

Berti Hauser (Head of BMW Motorrad Motorsport):
"It's really a great honor, David, Juha and Marko as our new team rider to be present. I think it is clear how seriously BMW is with the G 450 X at the highest level mitzumischen. Since so experienced riders strengthen our team, we look forward to a successful and beautiful Enduro World Cup'09. I could by all three pilots in both current as well as in the last season to make a picture.

I have David's victory in the U.S. witnessed GNCC racing series and all three drivers in the Enduro World Championship and the Erzberg Rodeo observed. Even though each of them the team in its own way will enrich, but all together pursue a common goal: They want to win. "

"Never before has been made in WEC such a high competitive pressure. This will make it easier for pilots and teams increasingly difficult to achieve success. The team collected 2008 BMW motorcycle motorsport in many different areas of valuable experience. The WEC 2009, numerous new challenges ahead. But I am convinced that BMW is one of the strongest teams presents. For BMW are really exciting times arrived. "

Enduro World Championship (WEC) 2009
Run 1 Portugal, Penafiel 21/22. March
Run 2 Spain, Igualada 28-29. March
Run 3 Italy, Iglesias 18-19. April
Run 4 Finland, Riihimaki 13-14. June
5 run Slovakia, Puchov 20/21. June
6 run Mexico, Valle del Bravo 18-19. July
Running 7 Greece, Serres 29-30. August
Running 8 France, Saint-Flour 12-13. September

Top drivers Knight, Salminen and Tarkkala.

jeez... those are TOP names... and were on orange last year (at least the first two)

and, they're *riders* ... :rolleyes

going to be a very interesting year next year.

too bad BMW shorts the US market and it's racers so badly.

nate kern was at our club meeting last sunday, and he was telling us about driving 16 hours to topeka and then unloading the bikes himself, then going out and winning the championship.... just to keep his job!

the amazing this is how positive he was, telling us how being hungry andn not 100% comfortable made him perform at this best.

Back