• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Strange noise ????

C

CANUCK75RT

I have a late 03 1150rt (dual spark) with 37500km,s . It has just recently started a very strange engine rattling or knocking noise at 4000rpm and up. in any gear exept 6th. Could this be the engine telling me to change the oil (last done 3000kms ago) or the tennsioner I,ve been reading about. I have about a month of riding left and need to get a dealer service done but dont want to lose the bike for to long. any thoughts what the noise could be?

Check your frame/body parts;

Maybe not the engine, but something loose down there in all that fairing. I found this to be the case on a friends KLT. A loose screw under the motor was the culprit. You said rattle! Maybe not knocking....Its not your oil. You can easily go 5G's on oil, but like most of us, we do the 3G thing. Not likely the T Chain either, imo. Randy13233:thumb

Strange Noise...Me too

I have a rattle around 4000 rpm, more prevalent when coming off the throttle when shifting. Seems to stop when preloading the shift lever. Gearbox? :uhoh

Back