• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Springfield MO

What did you all think about the rally?For half a century I expected more.Plus why would they lock the doors at 6:15 pm on the only airconditioned building with the heat that we had.Every year it seems we have to sweat even with the time change from July to June.I propose late late September early October.

What did you all think about the rally?For half a century I expected more.Plus why would they lock the doors at 6:15 pm on the only airconditioned building with the heat that we had.Every year it seems we have to sweat even with the time change from July to June.I propose late late September early October.

I thought the rally was a typical rally at a good site. The building was open for the vendors and the seminars. Much better than the many sheep barns with big fans I held my seminars in at many rallies over the years. Many folks found shelter in restaurants. Lots of hotel folks retreated to their hotel/motel parking lots for tire kicking and telling tall tales.

I personally gave up on camping after Doomsburg, and was justified at Sedalia. Des Moines was not too bad, but ...

I was very disappointed with the number of vendors that showed up. I found the selection of merch to be lacking as well. I reckon much of that is due to the high price of fuel.

The weather for the Rally in Lebanon TN which was also in June, was a lot cooler. It's the luck of the draw. Mother nature does what she wants.

Never been to Misery and have no plans to ever go. The idea of beating myself across the fly over states has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. The earth is flat and If I go beyond the Oregon/Idaho boarder I shall surely fall off the other side. Just good words to live by in my humble opinion of course. Heat and humidity just has absolutely no appeal to me. I mean my mother didn't drop me on my head when I was a baby so why would I ever consider beating myself half to death on two, or for that matter, any number of wheels to attend a motorcycle rally in anywhere that resembles Missouri? I mean think about it. There now, I feel better having said all that.

The earth is flat and If I go beyond the Oregon/Idaho boarder I shall surely fall off the other side.

Having ridden in all 50 states I have concluded the earth isn't flat. (I think of myself as a traveler rather than as a rider.) However, if you need further proof, consider, if the Earth was flat cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now. :)

The weather was hotter than I like. But so were Lima, Spokane, Doomsburg, Sedalia, Salt Lake City and several other rallies. I thought the facilities were fine. Big vendors were aplenty. Small vendors not so much. After Doomsburg I quit camping at the Nationals. Personal choice.

Having ridden in all 50 states I have concluded the earth isn't flat. However, if you need further proof, consider, if the Earth was flat cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now. :)

That right there is funny :rofl
OM

Never been to Misery and have no plans to ever go. The idea of beating myself across the fly over states has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. The earth is flat and If I go beyond the Oregon/Idaho boarder I shall surely fall off the other side. Just good words to live by in my humble opinion of course. Heat and humidity just has absolutely no appeal to me. I mean my mother didn't drop me on my head when I was a baby so why would I ever consider beating myself half to death on two, or for that matter, any number of wheels to attend a motorcycle rally in anywhere that resembles Missouri? I mean think about it. There now, I feel better having said all that.

Well, I’m with you. I like the joy and freedom that is the feel of motorcycling. Having to suffer and gear up for a ride that I know will include suffering makes me wonder what the hell was I thinking?
Yep, a “fair weather” rider looking for the best possible experience with the least amount of suffering. :)
OM

Having ridden in all 50 states I have concluded the earth isn't flat. (I think of myself as a traveler rather than as a rider.) However, if you need further proof, consider, if the Earth was flat cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now. :)

The weather was hotter than I like. But so were Lima, Spokane, Doomsburg, Sedalia, Salt Lake City and several other rallies. I thought the facilities were fine. Big vendors were aplenty. Small vendors not so much. After Doomsburg I quit camping at the Nationals. Personal choice.

How right you are. lol..lol.. Our siamese would certainly participate in that endeavor. More lol..lol..

That's an interesting philosophy you have as well and it gives me pause for thought. Thanks for that.

Back