• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Special Edition F800S Announced

AZ-J

Riding where it's hot!
It's on page 10 of the June 2007 MCN!

Titan Silver/Cosmic Blue paint, includes ABS, white indicators, on board computer and Akropovic exhaust. $17,000 estimated.

Tweety1

Last edited:
$17k ???

I 'googled' and found a pic. Swuuuuet. But seems a rather steep price. Other than the special paint, exhaust and ABS ... say worth $2500 ... what's so special on this baby? Base price ~ $10K right?

Some 'HP2' tweaks and upgraded suspension perhaps.

But coming to think of it as much as I like the F800s, for that kind of mullah I'd just get a DUC 1098 even though overkill for me. Or a std F800 and go to town on the customization.

Attachments

• F800s special.jpg
    F800s special.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 229
I 'googled' and found a pic. Swuuuuet. But seems a rather steep price. Other than the special paint, exhaust and ABS ... say worth $2500 ... what's so special on this baby? Base price ~ $10K right?

Maybe the little cover over the rear seat costs $2000 like the BCR bellypan??

Good fine of a pic Kevin.

I think the math doesn't add as I have all of the same options except the Akropovic, and that and the paint don't add about $5500 to the price, but it is nice looking.

It's on page of the June 2007 MCN!

Titan Silver/Cosmic Blue paint, includes ABS, white indicators, on board computer and Akropovic exhaust. $17,000 estimated.

Tweety1

My guess? AU Dollars. BMW-SA and BMW-AU* are often the first sources of information about stuff like this and if my experience with MCN and the VUN is any indication, someone was in a hurry to publish and didn't check the facts. At today's exchange rate, that's about $14K which makes more sense.

*AFAIK, Emissions regs are easier for them and they usually get the first bikes.

It's (from what I gather) only available in the Netherlands. It *may* be coming to additional countries in Europe, but I have yet to hear about it being bound for the US.

Additionally, there are some candid shots of one of these on F800Riders.org. It's a pretty sweet looking color scheme.

Back